Nauticam ships Compact Macro Converter version 2
Nauticam are shipping version 2 of their Compact Macro Converter (CMC). It is designed to enhance the sharpness, autofocus and contrast of compact cameras housed with flat ports without the extreme magnification of the CMC version 1. The lens is designed for water contact and is constructed of specially formulated low dispersion optical grade glass with broadband anti-reflective coatings.
Scuba diving magazine’s photo contest winners announced
The winners of Scuba Diving magazine’s 2016 underwater photography contest have been announced. The contest is divided into four categories: wide-angle, macro, conceptual and compact camera. This is the 12th year that the photo competition has been running.
Introducing Secrets of the Seas by Alex Mustard and Callum Roberts
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard has teamed up with marine scientist and author Callum Roberts to present a “visual celebration of the life within and beneath the world’s seas and oceans” in their new book: Secrets of the Seas. Each chapter features a 1500 word essay about the challenges facing the marine environment and tales of “oceanography, marine life and human history”.
Shark attack survivor, advocate and underwater photographer
Mike Coots was just 18 years old when he lost his leg during a shark attack in Hawaii. While the obvious next step might be to never return to the water again, Coots has become an advocate for sharks as well as a professional photographer and accomplished underwater photographer. His passion for the ocean predator comes through on his wildly popular Instagram account.
Inon announces Z Mount Adaptor
Gates offers STO clinic prior to Wildscreen
Giant Australian Cuttlefish Aggregation by Don Silcock
Alex Mustard: Nikon D5 First Thoughts
Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard shares his first impressions of the flagship Nikon SLR camera after a few shoots in testing UK conditions. Alex has also shared a gallery of his images taken with the D5 during his testing on Wetpixel’s Full Frame. It is important to note that this article represents some of his thoughts about the new camera, rather than a fully fledged review.
- NG photo of the day by Will Stratham (via )
- Apple will no longer have a dual camera in the iPhone 7 (via )
- Nikon accused of falsely advertising D500’s Wifi (via )
- Photographer sues state of N Carolina for copyright infringement (via )
- You can now post photos to Instagram directly from iOS (via )
- Astronaut tweets photo of DSLRs on the ISS (via )
- FStoppers reviews Ikelite housing for Nikon D810 (via )
- Behind the scenes with Zena Holloway (via )
- Connecticut officials remind people releasing balloons is illegal (via )
- FStoppers tests Aquatech Elite underwater housing (via )