Call for Entries: Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2018
Sylvia Earle and Drew Richardson Encourage Dive Community to Be a Force for Good
The annual DEMA show wrapped up this past weekend in Orlando, Florida after several days. Famed oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle and Drew Richardson, CEO of PADI, held a press event at the show to talk about the importance of divers to conserve the oceans they know and love. Mission Blue and PADI formed a partnership earlier this year to encourage divers to be a force for change.
Panasonic announces the G9 mirrorless camera
Panasonic has announced their compact system G9 mirrorless camera. It features a 20.3 MP 4/3 sensor and a native ISO range of 200-25,600. Autofocus is via Panasonics Advanced DFD system that has 225 focus point and it has 5 axis image stabilzation. 4K 50/60p is available for 10 minutes recording time at full sensor width with no pixel binning. Lower frame rates and resolutions can be captured for 30 minutes.
TRT-Electronics ships the o-Turtle TTL flash trigger for Olympus
TRT Electronics announces the mobi TTL converter
TRT-Electronics has announced the availability of the mobi TTL electro-optical converter. It is designed to be attached anywhere within a housing using velcro. The mobi offers a brighter LED output than the original TRT units and is available in Nikon or Canon versions now with Sony and Olympus versions to be available soon.
UwP Magazine issue 99 is available
Show report: DEMA 2017
The Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) hosts the world largest diving trade only show. For 2017, this is being held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Florida over 1 to 4 November. Wetpixel reports “live” from the event every year, to try and bring a flavour of the show to those that cannot attend. We will be adding daily updates so please keep checking back
Gates announces Pro Explore housing
- The weird world of lobster sex (via )
- Sea spiders breathe through their legs (via )
- A comparison of major stock photo services (via )
- Winners of Nikon 2016-2017 photo contest announced (via )
- Mexico commits to save the Vaquita (via )
- The review of National Marine Monuments is now open for comments (via )
- Nikon updates Distortion Control Lens Data to version 2.016 (via )
- Olympus updates E-M1II firmware to version 1.3 (via )
- Brian Skerry’s new book Sharks (via )
- A drop of water used as a lens (via )