Alien Skin announces Exposure X3
Call for Entries: Beneath the Sea 2018
The 2018 Beneath the Sea International Imaging Competition is calling for entries. Alongside general prizes, the contest offers the David Doubilet award for excellence in underwater photography, the Stan Waterman award for excellence in underwater video and the Jim Church award for excellence in creative underwater photography.
Reuters grant program fosters next generation of photojournalists
Reuters has announced a grant program that seeks to recruit and foster up and coming photojournalists from diverse backgrounds to tell “human stories from around the world”. Applicants do not need to be established photojournalists, but they do need to demonstrate an ability to come up with a project theme and see it to completion. Up to 8 grants of $5,000 US will be awarded.
WPOTY previews winning images
The 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest (WPOTY) has released a selection of its shortlisted images. The full results will be announced at a gala event at London’s Natural History Museum on Tuesday, October 17, at an awards ceremony in the Natural History Museum’s newly refurbished Hintze Hall. The 2018 contest will open for entries from 23 October.
Canon announces 4K camcorders
Canon has announced there new 4K camcorders. All three features a 15x optical zoom lens and support 4K recording via a 1.0-inch CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC DV 6 image-processor. Output is 4K/60p 4:2:2 MPEG-4 recording on to 2 SD cards.
Behind the Shot of “Drop” by Pietro Formis
Recently Pietro Formis shared his image “Drop” on the Wetpixel Facebook page. The image is a striking portrait of a freediver framed perfectly by a sea cave. Needless to say the image received a lot of attention on the page. We asked him to share with us how he got the shot.
Blackmagic Design ships DaVinci Resolve 14
Call for entries: Scubashooters Shrimp Festival
- China’s appetite for seafood pushes fisheries to the brink (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC to 2017.1.1 (via )
- Mesmerizing video of pigments in water (via )
- Manatees use the hair on their bodies to sense the world around… (via )
- Canon updates EOS 7D Mark II firmware to 1.1.1 (via )
- How to search online for your stolen images (via )
- Arri announces SUP5.0 for Amira and Alexa Mini (via )
- Panasonic updates GH5 firmware to version 1.1 (via )
- Great white feasts on towed whale carcass (via )
- Grunion run on California beaches (via )