Holiday Gift Idea: Sponsor a Shark
Racing Extinction at Vatican City
Racing Extinction took its message to Vatican City last night by projecting images of endangered species and threatened ecosystems onto the Basilica at St. Peter’s. Watched by the Pope and crowds of visitors, the pictures were cast onto the white facade of the famous building by fifty giant projectors situated on huge towers.
Video: Wild Oceans Octopus
Borneo from Below: Episode 19
Call to action: NOAA bungles shark management plans in Florida
A coalition of Florida based shark divers launched a campaign asking NOAA to reconsider their decision to open commercial fishing for sharks in the Jupiter area from 1 January 2016, during the breeding aggregation of large sharks in the area. NOAA’s response thus far has been to obfuscate and blame shift.
Image: Mystical Forest by Tracey Jennings
Sea Save Fundraising Auction now open
Scientists show what dolphins see through echolocation
Scientists have successfully used echolocation recordings from dolphins to physically recreate objects tested during experiments. For the first time ever this gives humans a glimpse into what dolphins “see” when they echolocate upon objects underwater.
- Instagram now supports landscape oriented photos (via )
- LOKI portable camera rig (via )
- Nikon offers free maintenance initiative (via )
- Apple updates camera RAW support (via )
- MIT designed camera that will never overexpose (via )
- Sargassum covers Caribbean beaches (via )
- This dSLR spent 2 years at the bottom of a lake (via )
- NG photo of the day by Christopher Michel (via )
- The focal camera: an open source modular camera (via )
- Shade balls and California’s drought (via )