Live coverage of Bahamas Underwater Photo Week
From 24 to 31 May, there is a very special underwater imaging event being held in the Bahamas. Alert Diver’s Bahamas Underwater Photo Week aims “to capture a week in the underwater life of the Bahamas” and features 4 professional underwater photographers and 1 filmmaker who will all will be capturing images in 10 separate location throughout the Islands.
Video: Lost in Jellyfish Lake
How octopus arms stay untangled
Scientists Guy Levy and Nir Nesher of Hebrew University in Jerusalem set about getting to the bottom of an age old question: Why don’t octopus arms get tangled? Turns out the question had never been posed before and the answer was less complicated than expected. (Image from shutterstock.com)
Analysis: Olympus’s financial reports
Job opportunity: Marketing Coordinator
Lembeh and Murex Resorts in Indonesia are looking for a media savvy individual to join their team as a Marketing Coordinator. The resorts are both both located in what well be regarded as diving paradise…
Sony announces the RX100 III
Sony has announced a new version of its RX100 pro compact camera. The RX100 III has a large aperture 24-70mm Zeiss lens, with a built in OLED viewfinder. The camera has a BIONZ X processor and a clean HDMI feed out with zebra exposure patterning. Lastly, it has 5 axis image stabilization.
Nikon trails TC-14E III teleconverter
Nauticam announces their NA-D4s housing
Nauticam USA has announced Nauticam’s housing for the Nikon D4s SLR. Released in conjunction with the new housing is Nauticam’s Flash Trigger which allows (manual) strobe triggering via fiber optic with the D4. The new housing is also fitted with the electronics for the company’s vacuum system and features improved focus knobs with a higher gear ratio.
- Nikon updates D4 firmware to v1.10 (via )
- Spearfisherman films aggressive reef shark with GoPro (via )
- Dolphin and surfer collide off Australia (via )
- The story of Horseshoe Crab blood (via )
- Obama expands protection for California coastline (via )
- Flickr and Getty part ways (via )
- 6.9 earthquake off California in Pacific Ocean sunday (via )
- Fleet of underwater drones to map ocean floor (via )
- Hammerhead shark by Denis Nezhentsev - NG photo of the day (via )
- Sony promises improved image quality update for A7 and A7R (via )