MindShift Gear First Light camera rucksacks
MindShift Gear has updated the information about their First Light series of camera backpacks. These three models have the advantage of being carry-on compatible, and also have proper rucksack frames and carrying systems. This should help ease the strain of humping heavy bags around airports.
Late Availability: Dominica Sperm Whales with Keri Wilk
Wetpixel’s friend, underwater photographer and all-round good guy Keri Wilk has a few late availability spots open for his annual Dominica sperm whale trips. Interacting with sperm whales (Physeter macrocephalus) is strictly controlled by permit on the island and Keri has 3 of them! If you want to document these amazing creatures, this is an amazing opportunity.
Lexi Thompson recreates Muhammad Ali’s famous underwater photo
Golfer Lexi Thompson posed for some underwater photographs and simultaneously channeled Muhammad Ali. Photographer Al Bello recreated Flip Shulke’s 1961 underwater image of Ali with the female golfer in December. Ali passed away last year and on tuesday, he would have turned 75.
CrumplePop announces EasyTracker
Crumplepop has released a plugin called EasyTracker for Final Cut Pro X. It allows the insertion of text or graphics that will follow an object’s motion within the frame into a video sequence.
Nauticam ships housing for Sony a6500
Join us! Wetpixel Whale Sharks 2017
Wetpixel returns to Isla Mujeres in August 2017 to observe and document the amazing whale shark (Rhincodon typus) aggregation. One of nature’s most amazing and unique events, hundreds of whale sharks gather each year to feed on eggs spawned by bonito (Euthynnus alletteratus) off the island. Join us to witness this amazing spectacle.
Cathy Church announces USA seminar dates
Six areas added to the California Coastal National Monument
Today President Obama designated an additional six areas as part of the California Coastal National Monument. The six areas total 6,230 acres and include some small islands off the coast of Orange County as well as a large piece of land in Santa Cruz. Currently all of the land is managed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, some of it since 2014, but the new status protects the areas from future development. Image from Shutterstock.
- The world’s first underwater portrait was taken in 1899 (via )
- iPhone 7 reported to be waterproof (via )
- Photos of hermit crabs with beach trash homes (via )
- Instagram adds pinch and zoom to photos (via )
- Underwater expedition off California reveals sunken warship (via )
- Canon announces firmware upgrade for EOS 1D X Mark II. (via )
- Nikon updates distortion control utility to 2.015 (via )
- Nikon adds support for D3400 to NX-D, View NX-i NEF Codec and… (via )
- Sony updates a7R II firmware to v.3.30 (via )
- GoPro updates HERO 4 Black and Silver firmware to v.04.00.00 (via )