Acquapazza has also announced three new lens ports and a solid dome port protector made of POM resin.
Acquapazza ships Underwater housing APSO-A73 for the Sony ILCE-7RM3
APSO-A9 and APSO-A73 utilize the same housing enclosure. Therefore whichever housing you purchase, it can be converted by returning to Acquapazza for them to exchange some internal parts. Mechanically, the differences between the two camera bodies is the thickness of the bodies and that the A7Mk.3 does not have the sub mode dial.
Waterproofness and pressure resistance are the most important features of any underwater housing. From their very first model, ACQUAPAZZA has polish finished all their control shafts and the O-ring grooves in their are of sufficient depth to prevent O rings extruding.
APSO-A73’s Unique Features:
- Vari-angle grip (can be kept the angle as you like)
- Movie lever (Pull as the grip is close to horizontal, and push as the grip is close to vertical.)
- Slanted LCD screen cover (Option) (This was the world’s first mechanism in 2010.)
- A monitor hood can be attached to the slanted LCD cover (Unnecessary metal fittings)
- The lens extension and the port have a very precise bayonet fitting to ensure optical performance (If it is not the original port, it may not be an exact fit.)
- TTL strobe triggering when used with the original external Sony HVL-F20M flash.
- The above HVL-F20M flash can be turned ON/OFF from outside
- Alternatively, a mobile battery pack can be inserted instead of the strobe. (This will increase the battery life around 5.4 times that of the built-in battery.)
- External lenses of up to 110mm diameter can be detached in a single operation.
- All sliding O-rings are all double-sealed. (It goes without saying that the back cover is done so, also even ports.)
- The sliding control shaft surfaces have a polished shiny finish.
- Zoom and focus gear feature a special clamp ring system.（When you attach the gear to the lens, it can be adjusted to a suitable position.）
- Secure closure of rear door with a special metal safety latch.
- Allows access to the camera’s jog dial control. This can be set to chose the AF point instantly.
- 10mm diameter push buttons (No finger pain)
- Tripod Screw（used for static shooting）
New Extensions added:
- E1224G Extension LB
- E1635G Extension LB
- E2470G Extension LB
Dome port protector:
- A maximum of 15mm thickness ensures that the cover does not contact the dome’s glass while offering maximum protection to it.
- Made of machined POM(resin) rather than neoprene