Acquapazza has announced the release of its housing for the Sony NEX-5N EVIL camera. The APSO-NEX5N is available with either a bayonet or threaded port attachment systems. Acquapazza offer a total of 8 ports catering for almost all the Sony lenses available for the camera, including the A mount 16mm wide-angle (SAL-16F28), 50mm macro (SAL-50M28) and 100mm macro (SAL-100M28). These will only focus in manual mode. Acquapazza offers both mechanical and magnetic zoom/focus control, with the possibility of both being available, and the user can vary the LCD viewing angle via an external control.
The APSO-NEX5N is available now, with a retail price to be confirmed.
ACQUAPAZZA has released its new housing APSO-NEX5N!
Look at some of the special features of this new housing:
1) You are able to choose between two port systems – the SB (bayonet-type attachment) or the M86 (the port threads into the housing body).
2) There are a total of eight different ports to choose from.
3) You can choose either the AMRS (ACQUAPAZZA Magnetic Rotary System) to focus and zoom your lens, or use a gear system.
4) The newly-developed “quick shoe” allows smooth insertion and extraction of the camera.
As usual, you can adjust the angle of the tilt monitor while underwater, anywhere from 0° to 45°. (The tilt monitor is an optional feature). The back door on the housing seals securely with a double O-ring seal, and the housing comes in fourteen vibrant colors.
Add to all this a magnifying hood for the monitor (optional), six different types of connection adaptors, M10 threads and connections for two strobes, you have a light and compact underwater housing.
1) The SB Port (Small Bayonet) is easily attached. Simply line up the “eye” mark on the housing body with the notch on the port, push the port in and twist about 20° until it locks. You only need to push the port in gently.
2) With the five different types of E-mount lenses, you’re covered with anything from a wide angle lens to a 55-210mm zoom lens. The three types of A-mount lenses (A16F, A50M, and the A100M) will only focus in manual mode. However, the Manual Assist function makes manual focusing a breeze!
3) Underwater, the AMRS allows you to adjust your zoom and focus with exterior rings just as you would adjust the lens barrel on land. Or you can use the zoom gear to adjust your zoom lens or the focus gear to adjust your fixed focal length lens.
4) Our newly-developed “quick shoe” is a high-precision part. When removing the camera from the housing, because the “quick shoe” lever is attached to the top portion of the camera, simply unlock it and the camera comes out easily. We’ve taken a new look at how the camera and the lever operate to further reduce interference.
All of these features are also similar to those on the with the APSO-NEX7 housing for the Sony NEX-7.
For further information, visit the Aquapazza product website.