Apple has released an update for its Aperture photo editing software. Designated version 3.1.3, the update aims to correct overall stability and performance. It is also likely to be necessary as it is believed that Apple will release its next operating system, OSX Lion, tomorrow.
Specific fixes include: Improved reliability in library rebuild, additional multi-touch gestures, new web section for pictures published to MobileMe, Facebook and Flickr and various keyboard and GUI improvements. The update is available via Software Update or from the Apple support site.
From Apple support site:
Aperture 3.1.3 Update.
The Aperture 3.1.3 Update addresses overall stability and performance. This update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3. Minor issues addressed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improves reliability of library rebuild and repair operations in Aperture Library First Aid.
- Aperture now automatically rebuilds image thumbnails after a library is restored from a Time Machine backup.
- Resolves an issue that, in rare cases, could cause imports from iPhone 4 to not complete.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Olympus E-5 image thumbnails to appear with black borders in the Import window.
- Metadata presets are now correctly applied to imported audio files.
- Pinch to zoom gesture can now be used to resize thumbnails in full screen Browser.
- Multi-touch gesture can now be used to rotate images in the Viewer.
- Pinch to zoom gesture can now be used to resize the cropping rectangle when using the Crop tool.
- Gesture support can be enabled or disabled in Preferences.
- Fixes an issue that could sometimes cause the Faces view to be displayed without the Show Unnamed Faces button and zoom slider.
- Resolves various issues naming faces using accented, Japanese, Korean or Simplified Chinese characters. Profile photos attached to contacts in Address Book are now displayed with suggested names in the Faces auto-complete menus.
- Shift-clicking snapshots on the Faces corkboard now allows you to make contiguous selections.
- The Home key and End key can now be used to scroll to the top or bottom of the Faces view.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the map in the Edit Location window to draw incorrectly when assigning a location to a Project in Full Screen view.
- In Places, the Show Unplaced Images filter now correctly maintains its state when the Back button is used to navigate the Places map.
- Scrubbing numeric fields with the Shift key held down no longer causes the Adjustments inspector to temporarily disappear when the HUD is docked on the side of the screen.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Inspector HUD to be incorrectly positioned when exiting and entering Full Screen while the HUD is docked.
- Aperture no longer quits unexpectedly if a trackpad gesture is used to change the size of the Retouch brush during a brush stroke.
- Aperture now correctly displays the correct cursor type when switching between draw mode and erase modes when using brushes with a Wacom tablet.
- Published MobileMe, Facebook and Flickr albums now appear in a Web section in the Projects Inspector.
- Addresses a problem that could sometimes cause Aperture to became unresponsive while syncing to web published albums.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly when trimming audio in full screen mode.
- Resolves an issue that could sometimes cause Aperture to quit unexpectedly while browsing videos.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to stop responding when using the Undo and Redo commands after switching from JPEG to RAW master with RAW+JPEG pairs.
- The keyboard shortcut to show Tooltips has been changed from “T” to “Control + T” to prevent accidental activation.
- The Reset All Warnings button in the General Preferences now correctly resets all warnings.
- Fixes an issue that could cause a blank sheet to display when placing a book or print order.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the browser filmstrip to scroll unnecessarily when enabling or disabling various options in the Query HUD.
- Stacking or unstacking images that have been placed on a Light Table no longer Images placed on a Light Table now maintain their proper positions when added or removed from stacks.
- Fixes an issue that could cause the List View to display the incorrect sort order when switching between projects.
- Resolves an issue that could render images incorrectly when viewing them at magnifications of over 400% using the Loupe.
- Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture to stop responding on quit while updating previews.
- Folders in the source list now spring back closed after objects have been dropped into them, or dragged over and then away from them.
- Slideshow exports are now handled as a background operation and are listed in the Activity window.