AQUATICA INTRODUCES NEW NIKON D40X HOUSING
MONTREAL, CANADA – August 16, 2007 – AQUATICA is proud to introduce its new housing for the Nikon D40x camera. This exciting product is part of a new line of AQUATICA underwater camera housings that are designed and built for newer, smaller and less expensive digital SLR cameras, making high quality underwater photography more affordable for the recreational diver.
Made of anodized aluminum and machined to exacting specifications, the new D40X housing was crafted with the user in mind. It features all of the controls favored by professionals in a compact (H 6” x W 6.9” x D 5” or 154mm X 176mm X 127mm) and easy-to-use design. Built around AQUATICA’s well established bayonet port system, these new AQUATICA housings will accommodate all current ports, extensions and gears. As well Aquatica is reintroducing its 6” dome port and has created a newer and more compact macro port for both this new housings and its current line of well established housings.
The AQUATICA’s robust aluminum construction also means no warping or twisting, which can affect the controls when diving the deeper part of the recreational diving limit. In addition, our acclaimed Aqua View Finder, along with many other accessories, is fully compatible with these newer housings.
Some of the additional features of the AQUATICA D40X housing include:
- Simple to assemble design for the traveling diver
- Full and comfortable viewing of the images on the rear LCD, even when using the Aqua View accessory finder.
- Quick response zoom control to allow selection of the lens focal length.
- Newer more compact dome and macro bayonet port line up.
- Full compatibility with all existing bayonet ports and extensions.
- Smaller more streamlined design.
- The easiest and most secure camera mounting system in the industry.
- 200fts / 61 meter depth rating maintaining full operation of all controls.
- Easy access to camera controls.
Available September 2007
Aquatica housing for Nikon D40x: MSRP-1649 USD