Aquatica is happy to show you our Aquatica D3 housing, below you will find photographs of our preproduction model, key feature for this Nikon D3 housing are, beside the competitive price, a straight off-the-shelf compatibility with the new Nikkor 14-24 when using our current port system (all our ports are now oversized to accept this lens). Built-in remote control capability, no modification or drilling to the housing needed, most important no expensive and exotic remote socket needed for remote operation. Built-in control to access the new Live View feature. When installed the Aqua View Finder causes NO OBSTRUCTIONS to the rear LCD viewing screen and lastly a port locking mechanism as been integrated into the housing, this lock is accessible easily from the exterior and gives the photographers the added peace of mind of knowing their ports are securely mounted and will not rotate accidentally.
The new State of the Art Aquatica D3 housing for the Nikon D3 full frame camera comes loaded with features making this housing the ideal system for demanding professionals and discerning amateurs.
- A saddle mounting/locking system allows for easy sliding of the D3 body on two solid rods. There is no miss-alignment of the body inside the housing.
- There are spring loaded contacts with the Aperture and Speed dials making for flawless and smooth changes to these settings.
- All D3 housings come standard with dual bulkhead connectors and moisture alarm
- Aquatica D3 ports, extensions and lens gears are compatible with all other bayonet mount Aquatica housing.
- Bayonet Port: Positive bayonet mounting leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest access to lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the SLR from the housing. Allows use of lenses from a 10.5mm ultra wide to a 200mm macro. Tele-converter port extensions are also available.
- Port locking mechanism (NEW): a new port locking mechanism is integrated in the Aquatica D3 housing; this lock is accessible from the exterior of the housing making port changing a breeze.
- Fingertip access to all camera menu controls include On-Off, Mode, bracket, Meter positioning, MSC focus control and AE/AF lock as well as AF preferences. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens release lever for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. The Aquatica D3 uses a viewfinder that derives the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. For an even greater viewing experience the acclaimed Aqua View can be mounted in minutes and will absolutely not block the rear LCD view, with both finders the information in the camera’s viewfinder is easily referenced while shooting, and chromatic aberrations have been significantly reduced for sharp focusing and exact composition.
- Live View (NEW): The Aquatica D3 housing give the user access to the Live View feature of the Nikon D3 camera.
- Remote control access is built in all Aquatica housing and using the #19300 remote control take but a few moments for the photographer to complete the remote operation setup.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. It is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with polyurethane powder paint and clear coat. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.
- Size: 91/2 x 8 1/2 x 5 3/4 / 241mm x 216mm x 146 mm
- Weight: 8 lb / 3.628 kg