Aquatica is proud to announce its latest addition, the housing for the incredible Canon 5D mark II, with 21 mega pixels and HD video this camera/housing combination will change the rules of underwater imaging. The Aquatica housing is equipped with a hydrophone to take full advantage of the Canon 5D Mk II potential. Machined from solid aluminum, treated and anodized to military specification, then painted with a robust weather and wear resistant finish, this addition to our already wide selection of housings will benefit from the same 300 ft. depth rating that set us apart from our competitors.
The 5D Mk II housing features easy access to the now vital video function controls while retaining its ease of operation for still imaging, it has the same mounting bayonet that will accept our existing accessories as well as ports, including our tack sharp Megadome, Aqua View finder and remote control cord, it is therefore in a position to address every aspect of this demanding activity that is underwater photography.
- Bayonet Port: Positive bayonet mounting and locking mechanism leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest access to lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 15mm fisheye lens to a 180mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available.
- Menus buttons have been angled 20 degrees and extended when needed for better ergonomic, knob are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves
- Built in hydrophone
- Fingertip access to all camera menu and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, Meter positioning and focus control, AF-ON activation and Star button access as well as AF preferences. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens release lever for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Compatible with our remote control grip.
- Two additional bulkhead holes are supplied for potential access to other camera functions
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. The Aquatica 5D Mk II uses a viewfinder that show the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. An accessory Aqua View Finder is also available giving the user unparallel viewing of the camera’s viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. This light weight housing is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with robust wear resistant coating. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls including the video activating controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.
- Weight: 2.9 Kg / 6.4 Lbs
- Dimension: (with grip attached) W 35cm x H 19.5cm x D14.5cm / W 13.78” x H 7.65” x D 5.72”
- Dimension (without grip) 23cm x H 19.5cm x D14.5cm / W 9.06” x H 7.65” x D 5.72”