Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo
Job Title: Webmaster
Start Date: March 1, 2007
Backscatter is looking for a technically savvy and artistically driven web developer with a passion for underwater imaging. The ideal candidate will have an eye for clean design and the initiative to develop and follow through on web production goals and strategies. The Webmaster will also function as IT support for our small internal network. The Webmaster will also perform a limited amount of customer support to keep in touch with new underwater imaging technology and our customers unique needs. Estimated time on duties will be: Web Production 80%, IT Management 10%, Sales Support 10%.
- Daily monitoring of back-up systems
- Daily updates to all Backscatter web sites
- Developing and managing our web production schedule
- Periodic administrative level updates to internal client machines, server, and network
- Periodic customer service and sales support
- Expert level HTML and CSS skills
- Strong scripting and database skills with PHP, MySQL, and FileMaker Pro
- Expert knowledge of best practices with web design
- Advanced skills with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- IT skills in MAC and PC platforms and networking
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Established in 1994, Backscatter has become the premier underwater imaging center on the west coast and the world wide web. We support thousands of specialized retail and wholesale customers around the globe with underwater product supply and technical support. Our educational division hosts over 100 days of training related dive travel each year. Our daily goal is to deliver the most accurate and professional advice to clients and provide the absolute best customer service in the industry.
We are headquartered on historic Cannery Row in Monterey, California only a few paces from the water. Our walk-in business is slightly seasonal, but our internet and phone sales are fast paced throughout the year.
Employees are highly encouraged to make use of the rental / demo equipment and are required to expand their personal imaging skills. A small dive locker is available for employee use on site. We also encourage and supplement funding for outside training such as photography, printmaking, video production, photoshop, and all forms of web development. For more information about Backscatter, please see http://www.backscatter.com.
For a complete job description, please send a resume to:
Berkley White, Owner