The Oceans 13 Film Festival, held in conjunction with the San Diego based OCEANS 13 Conference, is soliciting entries. The Festival will be held over Sunday 22 and Monday 23 September at the Town and Country Convention Center. The venue will seat over 1,500 and has a state-of-art High Definition projection and audio system.
Call for Entries: Oceans 13 Film Festival.
Produced by the San Diego Underwater Photographic Society (SDUPS).
The OCEANS ’13 MTS/IEEE Convention will return to San Diego in 2013 and this is a chance to participate in the world’s most diverse and prestigious oceans conference and exposition by having a film presented during the OCEANS 13 Film Festival.
At the OCEANS 2013 Conference, that was held in San Diego, over 5,400 students, scientists, and engineers from over 40 countries attended and over 200 companies exhibited. The expectation is that 2013 will be even larger with over 200 exhibition booths (~125 are already committed) and 800 technical presentations planned during the week-long conference.
The “Kick-Off” event for the conference will be the OCEANS 13 Film Festival that will be produced by SDUPS. The Film Festival, to be held on Sunday September 22 and Monday September 23 (two different sets of films), will be presented at the Town and Country Convention Center to allow for easy access by the conference attendees. The venue will seat over 1,500 and we will be using a state-of-art High Definition projection and audio system.
This is an opportunity to have a film seen by a truly prestigious and international audience made up of some of the most influential people involved in all aspects of Ocean science, exploration, and commercialization.
General Guidelines For Film Submissions:
- There is no entry fee, however, there is a maximum submission limit of two films.
- Approximately 15 films for each night will be selected by SDUPS’s Board of Directors.
- Only h.264 formats will be accepted – note that the film itself can be either a “digital slide shows”, a video, or a combination of both slides and video.
- We want the best films from the last 2 or 3 years – it is OK if the film(s) have won prizes elsewhere or viewed in other film festivals, we simply want the best film(s) available.
- As it turns out, the San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is approximately two weeks after OCEANS 13 – it is OK to submit the same film to both events as we anticipate mostly different audiences.
- Deadline for submissions is July 22, 2013.
Additional information, entry rules, and the required entry form are available on the SDUPS website.