Celebrate the Sea 2008 – The WOW Philippines Imagery Competition
To celebrate the splendour of underwater Philippines, Manila Ocean Park and OceanNEnvironment invite you to participate in the WOW Philippines Imagery Competition staged in conjunction with Celebrate the Sea Festival 2008 Philippines. You will be diving some of the most beautiful and enchanting reefs in the world.
By participating in the WOW Philippines Imagery Competition, you will be competing for one of these prestigious titles:
The WOW Awards – for the most outstanding image and video
The Hi Five Award – for the highest score or the most well balanced portfolio
The Quick Draw Awards – for the best action image and video
Conservation – Merit of Excellence Medal
Yes, there will be medals, equipment and holiday prizes for the WOW Philippines Imagery Competition winners but the aim is also to challenge for the ‘President Grand Award of Highest Achievement 2008’ with a US$2000 prize money.
1. Dive and shoot with any of CTS WOW Philippines Imagery Competition participating resorts/dive operators any where in the Philippines between 1Feb to 1 May 2008
2. Submit your entry with a Philippine Airlines boarding pass or a receipt from one of CTS WOW Philippines Imagery Competition participating resorts/dive operators. Boarding pass or receipt must be in your name and dated between 1 February to 1 May.
3. Photographic entries – submit a portfolio of 5 images; they can be a combination of macro, wide angle, behavoir or a thematic submission of locations, behavoir or portraits.
• The 5 images each printed on photographic quality paper approximate size: 8 1/2” x 11”
• A CD / DVD comprising of all the 5 images – hi res, minimum file size 10 mb, maximum 100 mb (tiff, 300 dpi or hi res jpeg 300 dpi)
• EXIF / Metadata file must be included in all images.
• Images must have been taken in Philippines between 1 February to 1 May - underwater, with a digital camera; aquarium photos will not be judged. Over-under shots are permitted, but digital composites / montage are not. The RAW/original files of the 5 images must also be included in the CD/DVD
• Digital editing is limited to cropping, levels, contrast adjustment and sharpening. Masking technique is not permitted. The judges refer to the raw/original files for verification.
• A 3 to 5 mins video montage with or without narration; the presentation may be in documentary or music video format.
• Footage must have been captured in the Philippines between 1 February to 1 May 2008– 75% of video must be underwater.
• Submission in DVD – PAL or NTSC; 16:9 format is preferred. Please supply two copies of DVD.
Send your CD/DVD containing 5 images and the same images on prints or video entry (DVD) to
PO Box, 2138, Carlingford Court, NSW 2118, Australia OR by courier to 2A Cary Street, Baulkam Hills, NSW 2153, Australia
Entry deadline is 10 May 2008 – with your entry remember to enclosed a Philippines Airlines boarding pass or a receipt from one of CTS WOW Philippines Imagery Competition participating resorts/dive operators. Boarding pass or receipt must be in your name.
For more information www.celebratethesea.com.