Asian Diver has announced details of the 2011 Asian Diver Expo (ADEX), which will be held from 22-24 April 2011 at the Suntec City Convention Center in Singapore. The 2011 exhibition will feature over 200 exhibitors from over 30 countries and are celebrating and supporting turtle conservation projects as a theme. Among the speakers at this years event are Wetpixel moderator Shawn Heinrichs, Brian Skerry, Amos Nachoum, Leandro Blanco and Pascal Lecocq.
Also at ADEX 2011 is the Voice of the Ocean underwater photography competition. It features categories for photography, videography, artwork and youth entries. For this year, there is also a special category for images featuring turtles. The finalists will be judged live during the Expo. Full details, rules and entry requirements are on the ADEX website with all entries to be submitted by 1 February 2011.
SEVENTEEN years ago, Asian Diver initiated and launched the ever first dive show in Asia. And last year, ADEX 2010 saw a big success, with more than 21,000 visitors from around the world, and over 100 exhibitors representing various dive entities from across the industry.
This year, Asian Diver is pleased to announce that the Asia Dive Expo, ADEX 2011, will be held from 22-24 April 2011 at the Suntec City Convention Centre in Singapore. Organised “by divers, for divers”, ADEX is the region’s longest-running dive show and a must-attend event for all divers and underwater photography, videography enthusiasts.
In keeping with previous years, ADEX 2011 provides dive and underwater lovers with opportunities to test out the latest dive equipment, discover new dive destinations and marine hotspots and find out about all the best offers on resorts and hotels in the region as well as great deals on dive and travel equipment. In addition to special deals on equipment, photographers and videographers can fine-tune their skills with some of the most highly regarded names in underwater photography and marine conservation by participating in photography workshops and seminars. These talks will be complemented by screenings of inspirational underwater videos and photography displays.
ADEX has been working with many renowned underwater personalities. Last year, the show was dedicated to sharks. Legendary filmmaker Stan Waterman and award-winning photographer John A. Scarlett attended the event and spoke about the urgent need to conserve these apex predators, whose numbers are decimated by the inhumane practice of shark finning. In 2011, ADEX will be celebrating and supporting the much loved and enigmatic creature of the oceans – the turtle.
Again it will feature our best ever line up of big name speakers, including:
- Brian Skerry, one of the world’s leading underwater photo-journalists. National Geographic lists him among their “legendary” undersea photographers. In addition to special assignments for National Geographic, Skerry has also worked with Jacques Cousteau’s organisation and published a book, “Successful Underwater Photography”.
- Ai Futaki, one of very few people in the world who specializes in free diving. In 2009, she sets a new Asian Record for Constant Weight without Fins.
- Leandro Blanco, 9-time winner at the Underwater Pictures Festival, is a popular name in the underwater documentary field.
- Shawn Heinrichs, another big name in producing underwater films, Shawn’s award winning work has been featured in broadcast, promotional and conservation productions with clients that include CNN, A&E Television and WildAid. Much of his film and conservation work focuses on the threatened marine environment.
- Pascal Lecocq, the “Painter of Blue and Divers”. His art pieces have been exhibiting across Europe for the last 30 years.
- Amos Nachoum, a legendary photographer specializing in big animals.
This year ADEX will also feature more than 200 exhibitors from 30 countries, including Maldives, USA, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Hong Kong, Palau, Germany, France and Austria. We are pleased to welcome the Seychelles Tourism Board as a new comer to ADEX 2011 and many more. Other big name exhibitors include Christmas Island TA, PADI Asia Pacific, Oceanic Asia Pacific, Sabah Tourism Board, SSI, NAUI, PSAI and the PNG Divers Association.
Other highlights of ADEX 2011 include the Luxury Zone: For providers of luxury and high end products and those who love them. The Indonesia Zone: 29 booths representing the length and breadth of Indonesia and its superb dive locations. The Conservation Zone: For conservation associations and any and all who want to support these worthwhile causes. In 2011, ADEX will feature conservation organisations such as World Wild Life, Shark Saver and Asian Geographic Society.
ADEX 2011 will also see the return of the Voice of the Ocean underwater photography competition. Launched at ADEX 2010, this year’s competition features categories for photography, videography, artwork and youth entries. In addition to great prizes, the winning entry will be featured as the cover art on the March 2011 collectors’ edition of Asian Diver – The Big Blue Book. Using turtles as inspiration, amateur and professional photographers of all ages are encouraged to submit their work in this exciting competition. All the finalists will be judged live in ADEX 2011. It is something exciting to look forward to indeed. For more information, please check the ADEX 2011 website.