FUJIFILM INTRODUCES EAGERLY ANTICIPATED FINEPIX S3 PRO
PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL CAMERA
Advanced new sensor technology in Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro brings digital photography closer to film quality than ever before
LAS VEGAS, February 5, 2004 – Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., today unveiled one of its most eagerly anticipated products -- the newest addition to its critically acclaimed line of professional digital cameras -- the Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro.
Among the FinePix S3 Pro’s list of enhanced features is its one-of-a-kind Super CCD SR sensor technology designed specifically for professional photography. This proprietary technology creates a wider dynamic range to produce images that approach true photographic quality. As a result, the FinePix S3 Pro will capture highlight and shadow detail often lost by digital cameras in high contrast scenes. In addition, Super CCD SR sensor technology provides a higher level of sensitivity, improved signal-to-noise ratio and more natural color reproduction.
“For more than 70 years Fujifilm has had a pulse on the pro community and we are constantly developing new solutions to meet their specific needs, “ said Jennifer Davalos, Product Manager, Photo Imaging Division, Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. “We understand that professional photographers demand and expect a finer level of detail, regardless of lighting conditions, and pro photographers will truly appreciate the FinePix S3 Pro for the overall image quality it provides.”
FinePix S3 Pro Features:
Super CCD SR: With 12.3 million (S-pixel: 6.17 million, R-pixel: 6.17 million) effective pixels, the APS size (23x15.5mm), professional Super CCD SR sensor of the FinePix S3 Pro offers wider dynamic range plus overall improved quality for beautiful digital images, capturing more detail across a range of brightness in the same image.
· Unique, Professional Body: The FinePix S3 Pro has a unique body designed and crafted to Fujifilm specifications. The solid, one-piece body is made from a durable polycarbonate and has a F-mount lens fitting for Nikon lens compatibility.
· Horizontal/Vertical Shutter Release: Dual shutter release buttons facilitate both horizontal and vertical shooting.
· Higher Resolution LCD: Newly developed two-inch, 235,000 pixel horizontal display delivers crisp, clear images and approximately 100% frame coverage.
· Efficient Power Source: The FinePix S3 Pro is extremely efficient power-wise, running solely on four AA Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.
· Built-in PC Sync Outlet: The PC-Sync connection allows strobes or other external flash systems to be connected to the FinePix S3 Pro. Flash sync speed is 1/180th of a second.
· D-TTL Exposure Metering System: The FinePix S3 Pro offers Intelligent Flash with the D-TTL full-aperture exposure metering system providing outstanding results with all Nikon compatible speed lights. A first-time offering in a Fujifilm digital camera, this allows a new level of creative lighting options for FinePix S3 Pro users.
· Dual Image Interfaces: The FinePix S3 Pro provides IEEE 1394 (FireWire) and USB 2.0 interfaces for camera control (IEEE1394 only) and high-speed image transfer.
· Dual Media Slots: For xD-Picture Card and Microdrive storage.
Pricing and availability of the FinePix S3 Pro will be announced soon.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. is a subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. and delivers technology solutions to meet the imaging and information needs of retailers, consumers, professionals and business customers. As a global leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm pioneered the development of digital X-ray systems, and today is the leader in digital minilab systems. The company was ranked in the top ten for U.S. patents granted during the last decade, employs 72,500 people worldwide and in the year ending March 31, 2003, had global revenues of more than $20 billion.
In the U.S., Fujifilm employs over 10,000 people. The company is a leader in delivering high quality, easy-to-use imaging and information solutions in the following categories: Digital Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media, Film and Imaging Systems, Motion Picture Film, Graphic Arts and Printing Systems and Medical Imaging and Diagnostics Systems. Fujifilm is committed to being an environmentally friendly, humane enterprise and an exemplary corporate citizen.
For more information on Fujifilm products, consumers can call 800-800-FUJI or access the Fujifilm USA Web site at www.fujifilm.com.
# # #
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.