Gates announces release of EM43 high resolution color monitor
Compatibility with global high definition standards amongst many new features.
San Diego, CA – April 9th, 2007 – Gates Underwater Products, the global leader in reliable underwater housings, is pleased to announce initial deliveries of the new EM43 external color monitor. The EM43 is a ground breaking product for Gates and packed with features:
- Bright widescreen LCD for accurate image perspective even in sunlight;
- Auto sensing of standard definition and all common high definition formats;
- SD version: NTSC / PAL
- HD version: 720p/60 ● 720p/50 ● 1080i/60 ● 1080i/50
- Sharp, detailed high resolution display suitable for both image framing and critical focus;
- Low battery indicator for ~30-60 minutes warning to change batteries;
- Self powered with 8 AA batteries that can be alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable;
- Long battery life – 10 hrs in SD and 14 hrs in HD modes with Alkaline cells;
- Auto-sensing power on/off means an end to unexpected battery depletion;
- Neutral buoyancy for easy add-on to any system without affecting trim and balance.
The EM43 is also classically Gates: ‘bulletproof’ construction backed by a 2-year warranty. Further, the EM43 was designed in two versions:
- SD version will support Gates current customers around the globe. Unplug a previous model Gates monitor and plug in the EM43. Sharpness, clarity and resolution are significantly enhanced with the EM43 LCD.
- HD version for new Gates housings. Accepts an HD input from the camera for the sharpest image display on the EM43 monitor. Some Gates housings may be retrofit with an HD version of the EM43 (contact Gates for more information).
The Gates EM43 is now available. Contact your Gates dealer for more information.
About Gates: For over 38 years Gates Underwater Products has produced the world’s most reliable underwater housings. Using ‘bulletproof” machined aluminum, 100% mechanical controls, time-proven design methods, and state of the art manufacturing, Gates housings are built to satisfy the most demanding recreational divers, imaging professionals, marine researchers, salvage operators and military personnel.