Gates Underwater Products has released details of their underwater 3D beam splitter system housing known as Deep Pulsar/Deep Atom (DPA). Designed specifically for use with Element Technika Pulsar and Atom Beam Splitter rigs, the Gates housing can accommodate a variety of cameras, including RDCC EPIC, Sony P1, E3 and others by request.
The new housing will allow for complete control of IO, convergence, lenses and cameras, and will be supplied with a 3D monitor as standard.
To our Dealers, Customers and Friends,
I’m pleased to announce a project currently underway here at Gates: DEEP PULSAR / DEEP ATOM (DPA) housing. Easily the most ambitious project we’ve undertaken in our 42-year history, DPA is a 3D underwater beam splitter system for digital cinema. It is also a collaborative effort amongst several folks:
- Element Technica. The premiere experts in 3D acquisition equipment, Stephen Pizzo and Hector Ortega are generously supportive of the effort to wrap an underwater shell around their Pulsar / Atom rigs.
- Evergreen Films. Special thanks to Pierre de Lespinois and Evergreen Films, the first in line for delivery of DPA systems for their upcoming projects Walking with Dinosaurs, 3D Africa (with the BBC) and other planned 3D productions.
- Bob Cranston / Howard Hall, whose 3D experience is lengthy and legendary with such 3D films as Into the Deep, Under the Sea 3D and Deep Sea 3D.
While the overall system enables some of the finest underwater digital cinema images, it will do so with subtle design details aimed precisely at productivity and ease of setup / use. DPA will support multiple cameras such as RDCC EPIC and Sony F3. Paired with Gates soon-to-be released VL24 LED video lights, it will be also completely un-tethered from the surface.
As always, DPA is available through our worldwide dealer network. At this juncture a deposit is required to hold position in the queue for summer 2011 delivery. Customers having placed deposits will receive regular updates and have opportunity to review / comment on the design as well.
Key features include:
- Integrated Element Technica© Atom TM and PulsarTM rigs.
- Complete Control of IO, convergence, lenses and cameras.
- Multi-Camera Support including RDCC EPICTM, Sony P1,F3 and others on request.
- Transvideo 12” 3D monitor housing standard.
- 2.5 hour+ system run time.
- Productivity features include straightforward setup, separate access panels for media / battery change and camera alignment.
- Buoyancy adjustment for perfect balance/trim.
- Custom configurations to support different cameras and monitors available.
- Accessories include LED lighting, surface video / control feeds and external power.