Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their upcoming housing for the Canon XA25, XA20 and HGF30 camcorders. It has mechanical controls, a side window for viewing the camera’s LCD and full camera menu access via the Canon remote control.
It will be shipping from 18 November at a U.S.A. retail price of $3,340 for housing and GP32A port.
Gates Underwater Products announces new XA25 Underwater Housing.
A robust, compact traveler, the XA25 HD underwater system includes many professional features.
Poway, CA – 25 October 2013 – Gates is pleased to announce the XA25 underwater housing. A dedicated tool for underwater videographers, the XA25 includes new user-friendly refinements to controls and improved balance / trim akin to other Gates professional kits.
The XA25 housing bears many recognizable Gates features:
- Simple, reliable fingertip controls;
- Large side window to see the camera LCD, your big underwater viewfinder;
- Accommodates all camera battery sizes for hours of recording;
- Gates Precision Ports for no compromises image quality;
- Full menu access via the Canon remote control;
- A variety of accessories including Carry Handle, Tripod, and more.
Paired with the Canon XA25, XA20 and HFG30 cameras, the XA25 offers powerful features in a compact HD system:
- 1080/60P Full HD from a video-optimized CMOS sensor;
- Instant Auto Focus;
- AVCHD and MP4 recording modes up to 35 Mbps;
- Fast and Slow motion capabilities;
- HD-SDI Surface Feed;
- 3 second pre-record (no more missed action).
The XA25 housing is a Gates through and through: Precision machined aluminum shell, stainless steel hardware, ‘bulletproof’ reliability — all backed by Gates legendary service and 2 year renewable warranty. Durable, reliable, dependable – the hallmark of Gates since 1969.
- XA25 Housing Price (Preliminary): $3340 (Housing, GP32A Port)
- Supported camera models: Canon XA25, XA20, HFG30
- Availability: 18 November 2013
About Gates: Since 1969, Gates Underwater Products has produced is the worlds most reliable underwater housings. Using ‘bulletproof” machined aluminum, 100% mechanical controls, time proven design methods, and state-of-the-art manufacturing, Gates housings are built to satisfy the most demanding applications. Commercial divers, imaging professionals, marine researchers, salvage operators and military personnel all turn to Gates for the same reason: our “bulletproof” housings produce results 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That’s why they say: Don’t take a Chance….Take a Gates!