Gates Underwater Products has released details of their new housing for the Sony Z100 4K professional camera. It features full access to controls via their signature mechanical controls, including manual focus, iris and white balance. Buoyancy and trim can be adjusted via the use of trim weights, and the housing can be outfitted with an HD-SDI surface feed.
4K Professional Underwater Imaging
In the workhorse tradition of the EX1 and PMW-200 housings, the Gates Z100 Housing raises the bar to 4K resolution.
Like its predecessors, the Z100 embraces features for discerning professionals: adjustable weight system for perfect balance and trim: SWP44C Super Wide Port resolving to 4K full zoom through performance; HD-SDI surface feed for topside DP monitoring; and of course durable “bulletproof” machined aluminum, 100% reliable mechanical controls and 2 year renewable warranty.
Reaching the far corners of the world, Gates housings are tasked with demanding projects extending from marine research and military to television and cinema productions. Experts know that failure is not an option, so they never take a chance…. they take a Gates!
- Durable, “Bulletproof” machined aluminum, black type III ‘hard’ anodized finish, and sealed with a nickelacetate process.
- Reliable Fingertip Controls are 100% Mechanical — no sticky buttons, faulty electronics or dead batteries!
- EM50 Color Monitor: A 5” diagonal top mounted monitor for framing and focus. (Optional)
- Quality Optics means clarity, sharpness and no vignetting (cutoff dark corners) to spoil your images.
- Pro Controls such as manual focus, iris and white balance are standard.
- 2-Year Warranty. Only Gates offers a 2-year renewable warranty on all housings.
- Changeable Buoyancy and Trim: Add / remove trim weights for ideal balance — just the way you like it.
- Seal Check (optional) assures housing integrity before entering the water.
Controls (All Mechanical)
- Power On/Off
- Manual Iris
- Neutral Density Filter
- A/M Focus
- Manual Focus
- WB Set
- Assign Buttons
- Select / Set Roller
- Internal ‘Flip’ Diopter (+1, +2, or +4)
- A/M Iris
- Internal Flip Color Correction Filter
16.7” L x 11.8” H x 10.5” W ” (16” w/handles)
43 cm L x 30 cm H x 27 cm W (40 cm w/handles)
Weight: Dry: 24 lbs / 11 kg (without camera)
In water: Slightly negative and adjustable
Depth Rating: 450 feet / 137 meters
Batteries: Accepts Sony batteries up to 2NP-F970/B
Warranty: 2 Years Renewable
Standard Port SP44: Optical acrylic dome is field replaceable. A/R coated glass dome optional. (Glass dome depth rated to 150 feet / 46m.)
Precision Super Wide SWP44C: Hi Resolution, distortion-free with full zoom through capability.
Flat Port FP44: A simple flat element good for macro work with diopters. Element is field replaceable.
LED Lighting: More info coming soon.
HD-SDI Surface Feed: For topside Director viewing and / or recording.
Gates Tripod: Collapses to the housing when not in use.
Customizations are routine and welcome at Gates.
Don’t Take a Chance….Take a Gates!