Job opportunity: Gates Underwater Products are seeking a CNC machinist to join the company. The successful applicant will be machining housings and parts for Gates underwater housings. They are looking for someone skilled in the CNC machining process, and that has the ability to solve problems creatively.
If you are interested, please contact Gates directly.
Set up, operate and maintain conventional, special-purpose, and CNC vertical milling machines to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup, operate and program VMC’s using Haas and Anilam controllers.
- Apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Read and understand drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth / angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- Perform regular maintenance and install replacement parts into machining equipment to ensure operation and precision.
- Operate welding equipment to cut or weld parts, fixtures and tools.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skilled in use of PC, G-Code programming, and CNC equipment.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong team attitude.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Understanding of process and product improvement measures.
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Multi-tasking in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Surfcam and Solidworks a plus.
- Experienced operation of basic welding equipment a plus.