2007 Golden Dolphin International Photo and Film Festival
General Regulations (Photo):
Photo Registration Form
«Grand-Prix»- the Photo of the Year – the Jury selected photos and slides from candidates in I places from listed below nominations.
«Author’s portfolio» -10 colour slides (24x36mm).
«Seas, rivers and lakes of Russia» - underwater colour or black and white images taken in Russian waters are accepted.
«Man and the Sea» - underwater colour or black and white photos including model are accepted.
«Underwater inhabitants» - underwater colour or black and white photos, where fish or animal is the central subject.
«Wide Angle» - wide-angle shooting of underwater colour or black and white photos.
«Macro» - underwater colour or black and white photos (scale 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 2:1).
«Audience’s Sympathy» - audience’s choice award (I place only).
The Contest is an international event and takes place every year. Only “wet” photos participate, those, telling about underwater world, its inhabitants and covering everything, connected with u/w activities.
Welcome to the all authors who like underwater photo and video shooting to participate in the Festival. No registration fee to enter, the sent works are not reviewed and keep in the archive of the Festival. Competitors agree to the use of their work by the Festival during non-profit-making promotional campaigns for «Golden Dolphin» Festival activities (magazine articles, exhibitions). At each use of the works the name of the authors will be mentioned but no payment for use of the copyright or retribution of any kind will be possible. Authors agree with the general rules of the Festival when they fill in and sign the application form. The dead line is: 10 December 2006.
Every author can present not more than 5 photos, size 30x40 or 30x45 cm., and 10 slides, which haven’t participated in the «Golden Dolphin» Festival before.
The underwater photos, which 2/3 part water should borrow, are accepted to participation. On the back of each picture should be written nomination, first and last name, country, address, contact information and designate the top of each photo by a vertical line. For slides: first and last name, contact information and note a red dot under the left corner of each frame.
Please ensure that parcels generate no duty on delivery. Whilst the Festival Council undertakes to take every reasonable care with the entries they can in no way be held responsible for loss or damage to the works during the Festival or in the mail. Participants should therefore take out insurance if they think it is necessary.
The prize found of the Festival is 10 000$. The Jury will choose the winners, In «Grand-Prix» nomination the winner is awarded with the «Golden Dolphin» statuette, the gratuity and the memorable diploma. In the other nominations, for the I place authors are awarded with the «Golden Dolphin» statuette, the gratuity and the memorable diploma, for the II, III places authors are awarded with prizes and the diplomas.
Welcome to take part in the special program as out of the contest. The program are not judged by the Jury and you are able to co-ordinate it with the Organization Committee of the Festival. In that case the photos are accepted: any works quantity, size 60x90cm., framed without glass. The registration fee in the program like that is 100$ for each photo.
Please send your works to:
109004, Russia, Moscow, Bolshaya Kommunisticheskaya St., 40/14- 3.
Tel/ Fax: +7(495) 234-94-65, +7(495) 234-94-66
General Regulations (Video):
Video Registration Form
1. “Grand-Prix”- All the films are examined, not depending on the item or duration. Grand-Prix is presented to THE BEST film of the year.
2. “Best TV Program about U/W World” – films telling about interaction between a man and aquatic environment, unpredictable and mysterious natural phenomenon; interesting and educational script, attracting attention to the problems of ecology.
3. “Best Camera Work” - shooting conditions, uniqueness must be considered, the main is mastery of cameraman.
4. “Big Trip” - club or family film, attracting to diving and travelling as active way of life, promoting dive-club activities.
5. “Best U/W Animal Film” - “unusual” animal starring, complexity of shooting, also careful attitude of shooting team toward their live object must be concerned.
6. “Diving in the native expanses” - promoting diving in CIS waters, information value.
7. “Wreck” - uniqueness of wreck, historical information, quality of shooting must be taken in mind.
8. “Best music clip” -the best musical film about diving ( max 10 minutes).
9. “Black Pearl” - for the contribution to diving.
1. The Contest is an international event and takes place every year. Only “wet” films participate, those, telling about underwater world and its inhabitants, diving everywhere in the world, covering everything, connected with u/w activities.
2. The contest is open to all participants. Every author can present not more than 3 videos, max 60 minutes. The films which have already participated in “Golden Dolphin” before, cannot take part in the contest again.
3. Registration Fees - free.
4. The contest is organized by the Festival Council.
5. Deadline for registration and dispatch: 25 December 2006. Each film must be submitted on a separate tape.Competition submission format - DVD, mini DV, DVCAM, Betacam SP, format PAL, and annotation in Russian or English, photo of the author and film processing (if possible).
Please ensure, that parcels generate no duty on delivery. Whilst the Festival Council undertakes to take every reasonable care with the entries they can in no way be held responsible for loss or damage to the works during the Festival or in the mail. Participants should therefore take out insurance if they think it is necessary.
6. The official language at the Festival is Russian. For works presented in any other language, the author must provide a script of the work in Russian or English.
7. Prizes are provided by the organizers and sponsors.
8. Contest Jury consists of well-known representatives of u/w public and creative people - professional producers and cameramen, journalists with big experience of professional activities and diving. The decisions of the Jury are final.
9. Competitors agree to the use of their works by the Festival during non-profit-making promotional campaigns for sub-aqua activities. At each use of the works the name of the author will be mentioned but no payment for use of the copyright or retribution of any kind will be possible. No commercial use of the videos will be made by the organizers of the Festival. All individuals wishing to purchase any of the works will be put in contact with the produces and/or authors.
10. All the videos are the exclusive property of the authors. By their participation in the Festival, the authors undertake to guarantee the organizers against any claims that might be made against them. The Festival Council may in no way whatsoever be held responsible in case of dispute or litigation.
11. All the participants eager to visit the Festival, must contact with the Festival Council. All competitors are provided with Pass ticket for the Festival for themselves and their spouse/partner free of charge.
We expect your films by the following address:
109004, Russia, Moscow, Bolshaya Kommunisticheskaya St., 40/14-3.
for Elena Gushchina
Tel/Fax: +7(495) 234-94-65 +7(495) 234-94-66