Nikon has announced a 10-20mm rectilinear wide angle lens for cropped sensor (DX) cameras. It is equipped with Vibration Reduction and has a minimum focus distance of 22 cm (8.7 inches). The lens has a stepping AF motor that allows for quiet focusing. Performance behind a dome is uncertain at this point, please check back for reviews.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR will be available in late June for $309.95.
Nikon releases the AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Enjoy the world of ultra-wide angles and superior image quality with the DX format
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR, an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR can easily be taken anywhere and allows users to readily enjoy full-scale ultra-wide-angle photography when used with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras. Adoption of three aspherical lens elements with the latest optical design has achieved a lens that offers the superior optical performance that makes excellent image quality possible, all in a compact and lightweight package. Furthermore, features including an effective vibration reduction (VR) function, quiet AF drive, smooth manual focusing, and superior close-up performance support users by enabling agile shooting with DX-format cameras.
The AF-P DX NIKKOR 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR responds to the passion of photographers who are intent on expressing the magnificence of a landscape with wide angles or wish to capture photos from unique angles with the ultimate in image quality and agility.
- Support for the 10-20mm (1) range of focal lengths, which allows users to enjoy full-scale ultra-wide-angle photography
- A compact and lightweight lens that can easily be taken anywhere
- Adoption of three aspherical lens elements with the latest optical design achieves superior rendering performance
- A vibration reduction (VR) function that effectively reduces image blur caused by camera shake to a degree equivalent to a 3.5-stop increase in shutter speed (testing based on CIPA standards)(2)
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) enables even quieter AF drive operation, making it also ideal for movie recording
- A focus ring that rotates smoothly for good operational feel with manual focusing
- A maximum reproduction ratio of 0.17x and a minimum focus distance of 0.22 m (0.8 ft) enable extremely close-up shooting for bold and magnificent expression of the intended subject
(1) Angle of view equivalent to that of a 15-30mm lens in 35mm  format.
(2) At the maximum telephoto position when a digital SLR camera equipped with an APS-C size image sensor is used.