The World Shootout is calling for national team entries to the Underwater Photography Global Championship 2015. Each team consists of 3 photographers from the same country that submit a combined portfolio of 6 images. These can be taken anywhere is the world, but must have been shot between 1 January and 1 November 2015. Judging will take place live at the BOOT show, Dusseldorf on 30 January 2016.
Registration is open now and the deadline for submissions is 1 November.
World Shootout Proudly presents the Underwater Photography Global Championship 2015
January 1st – November 1st, 2015
Shootout around the Globe
Join Forces, Dive, And Gain National Pride and Win a $9,000 Prize!
$ 3,000 check sponsored by PADI + $ 6,000 worth of SEACAM products.
In the world of art, media and creativity, some of the most impressive works introduced are those produced by a successful teamwork. And so, World Shootout proudly introduces the Underwater Photography Global Championship 2015 competition, inviting photographers from the same country to team-up during January-November, 2015, and to put together a stunning, award-winning portfolio of 6 images. The set of 6 images submitted to this category can be captured anywhere in the world and anytime between January 1st and November 1st, 2015. Each team should consist of 3 photographers originating from the same country.
The judging phase and winning ceremony will take place on January 30, 2016, during the BOOT Düsseldorf dive show in Germany. The event will be held on stage and will be live broadcasted on YouTube, on the official competition website and others sites.
Each team will be ranked by the judges (80%) and by public votes (20%). The team who managed to receive the highest integrated score will be announced as the winner and will be awarded with $9,000, including a $ 3,000 check sponsored by PADI - the world’s largest dive training agency and $ 6,000 worth SEACAM high-end underwater photo products.
- Each team should consist of 3 photographers from the same country. Photographers can team up independently.
- Several teams originating from the same country can participate in the competition.
- Teams can also be sponsored by a brand and titled accordingly.
- Only one photographer in each team should register the team through the registration form.
- Registration - One of the photographers should register the whole team through the category’s registration form. Payment is carried out upon registration. In the registration form, please provide the names of all other photographers in the team.
- Each team participating in this category should submit a portfolio of 6 best images (2 images per photographer).
- The portfolio submitted should introduce a link, story, series or a visual composition.
- Images submitted to this category cannot be submitted to other World ShootOut categories.
- Minor image enhancements, such as color and contrast, are permitted. Image editing that alters the main content of the photo, such as moving, removing or implanting elements, is not permitted.
- Deadline for competition images submission is Sunday, November 1st, 2015.
- During November, the first judgment phase will take place, resulting with 5 finalist teams. The 5 teams reaching semi-final stages during the judging process will be asked to send their 6 selected images in both RAW and JPEG using any of the online download services: DropBox , Jambo Mail, Hightail, Wetransfer or others. Each image out of the portfolio should be titled with the photographer’s name.
Judging & Score
- 5 best teams, selected by the jury panel, will be uploaded to the competition website on December 10th.
- Teams’ final scores will be calculated as following:
- 20% - Public votes submitted online during December 10-31.
- 80% - Judges Votes, presented in live on January 30 at the BOOT Düsseldorf dive show.
The team that receives the highest integrated score will be announced as the winner.
The judging phase, followed by a festive winning ceremony, will be presented in live on January 30 2016, at the BOOT Düsseldorf dive show. The event will also be live broadcasted on YouTube and on the competition website.