The San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) has announced its program for the 2012 event. 32 films have been selected to be shown using the state of the art digital projection system at the Qualcomm Hall, Sorrento Valley Area, San Diego. Somewhat uniquely, there are no prizes on offer for the films, the reward for entering is the prestige of having your film selected and shown at the event. Congratulations are therefore due to all those selected, and especially to the many Wetpixel members represented in the selections.
The exhibition is being run over the evenings of 5 and 6 October and tickets are available now.
Masters of Ceremonies: John Ellerbrock and Eric Hanauer.
Friday October 5:
- Solstice by Simon Spear.
- Komodo by Rusty Sanoian.
- Tiger Beach Shark Encounters by Martin Gehr.
- William Trubridge by Tim Blanton.
- What’s Down There? by Johanna Wight.
- Eye of the Beholder by Eric Hanauer.
- Colors of Cold by Mike Meagher.
- Befriending Giants by Shawn Heinrichs.
- Epicenter by Simon Spear.
- Shoal of Scad in Bonaire by Joel Penner.
- Giants of Socorro by Elke Specker.
- Letter from the Philippines by Mike Boom.
- Underwater World of Southeast Asia by Randy Bundschuh.
- Ocean Worms by Walter Marti.
- Grouper Moon by Josh Stewart.
- Cenotes Mexico by Berkley White.
Saturday October 6:
- Through My Eyes by Adil Schindler.
- Charmed by Mike Boom.
- Cat Island Sea Dogs by Cathryne Cope.
- Undersea in Southeast Asia by Randy Bundschuh.
- Rounding Up the Usual Suspects by Mike Miller.
- The Removal by Walter Marti.
- Tarpon Fest by Michael Maes.
- In Search of a Man Eating Shark by Eric Hanauer.
- Our Blue by by Nic Stec and Carl Langley.
- Baja by Erick Higuera.
- Philippine Magic by Pete Fowler.
- The Sanctuaries of Palau by Richard Brooks.
- Magical Manatees by Tim Blanton.
- Two Weeks in Lembeh by Anna DeLoach.
- “1932” by Edward Snijders.
- Below the Surface by Jeffrey Honda.
- Raja by Howard Hall.
Thanks to our judges: Flip Nicklin, Lee Peterson and Bonnie Toth.