Sea & Sea USA has also announced the release of the MDX-5D Mark III housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Like the new housing announced for the D800, this one also featuring enhanced ergonomics, with control of both main and sub command dials with the hands on the housing grips, the housing also offers a user customizable shutter release lever spring tension. It has ports for fiber optic triggering of strobes, as well as two additional ports for optional Nikonos and HDMI bulkheads.
The housing will be available in August and prices are still to be announced.
New product release: MDX-5D Mark III
2012/07/06. MDX housing for Canon EOS 5D Mark III with full-frame C-MOS sensor.
MDX-5D Mark III (Dark olive metallic ) (Housing only) (Product No.06163)
Port, strobe connector (*1) and Optional Leak Sensor are sold separately.
Housing body cap, camera quick shoe and two hex wrenches.
● Compatible with both the VF180 1.2x / VF45 1.2x viewfinders.
By attaching the VF180 or the VF45 prism viewfinders (magnification ratio of 1.2x) to the housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and entire field of view can be seen at the same time. Recommended for users committed to strict composition and focusing.
● The unique design makes the MDX-5D Mark III one of the most ergonomically designed housing on the market today.
With both hands on the grips, further improved ergonomic design provides access to such controls as the main command dial and the sub-command dial the both of which are necessary for manual photography not to mention controls for video function.
● Every detail of the housing is precision-machined from a solid aluminum-alloy block to achieve a high-quality texture and design, the colored anodization strengthens the housing’s corrosion resistance and abrasion resistance. All edges have been polished carefully for safety.
● Almost all functions of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III can be operated underwater (the sub-command dial’s touch function is not supported).
● Equipped with an accessory port for HDMI output.
● Every button equipped with a luminous sticker.
● Shutter lever tension can be adjusted with a spring.
● The rear case buttons are angled for ease of use and enhanced functionality.
● Equipped with a tripod socket in the center of the bottom of the main body.
● Comes with an optical viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other interchangeable viewfinders are also available (optional).
● The quick shoe makes the camera easy to install and remove from the housing.
● An Optional leak sensor is available (#46115).
● Depth rating of 100m/330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving.
*1 The MDX-5D Mark lll is standard with a connector cap only. Sync cord connectors are available (optional). External strobe(s) or YS Converter/C can be used by removing the connector cap and then installing Optional Sync Cord 2-pin Connector (#50122) or Optional YS Converter / C 6-pin Connector (#50121).
Construction: Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined) / Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy.
Depth rating: 100m/330ft.
Dimensions (W x H x D): 341 x 165 x 140mm / 13.6 x 6.6 x 5.6 inches
Weight: Approx. 2,500g / 88.2oz.
Optional Leak Sensor (Product No.46115)
The sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage by super luminosity LED lighting up.