Sea & Sea has announced the release of the MDX-D7000 housing for the Nikon D7000 camera. It is machined from a solid block of aluminum, protected by a highly corrosion-resistant coating. Other features include: A port lock mechanism, two fiber optic ports and one optional electronic port and a built-in leak sensor.
Prices are still to be announced, and the housing will be available from March in the US.
Long Beach, CA [January 21st, 2011]
New Housing for Nikon D7000
SEA&SEA’s announces the MDX-D7000 DSLR housing for the popular Nikon D7000 camera.
The MDX-D7000 is part of SEA&SEA’s latest housing series which is precision machined from solid block aluminum and designed for ultimate performance and ergonomics.
Housing Features Include:
- Housing is precision CNC machined from solid block aluminum.
- Ergonomically designed for ease of use and for total control of D7000 functions underwater.
- Protected by a highly corrosion resistant anodized (black) coating.
- A/R (anti-reflective) coated LCD rear display window accepts VF-45 prism viewfinder.
- SEA&SEA Port lock system prevents an attached port from loosening while in use.
- Two fiber optic cable sockets.
- One sync cord connector (optional).
- Dual locking latches to prevent accidental release of housing back.
- Built-in Leak sensor alerts user if moisture or water-intrusion is detected.
- Construction: Body: Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)/anodized body, grip: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (die-cast).
- Depth rating: 330ft/100m.
- Part #SS-06156, MSRP: TBA.
The MDX-D7000 is scheduled for release in the US in March. For updated information please visit seaandsea.com or contact your local authorized SEA&SEA retailer.