Sea & Sea has announced the release of a polycarbonate housing for the Canon EOS EOS Rebel SL1/100D. The RDX-100D can be fitted with Sea & Sea’s internal YS TTL convertor although it is supplied with 2 fiber optic ports as standard. It also features a redesigned focus/zoom control and is compatible with the company’s magnified viewfinders.
Prices and shipping dates are still to be confirmed.
From Sea & Sea USA’s website
Optical YS Convertor can be built into housing
Compatible with new Optical YS converter/C1 for RDX housing (#50137) which converts the camera’s TTL signal to a light signal. Both TTL and manual strobe photography is possible using a Fiber-Optic Cable II. Focus/Zoom control has been fully redesigned. The gear mechanism is now similar to MDX series housings. Perfect gear mesh enables accurate and quick zooming and focusing. Compatible with the VF180 1.2x viewfinders.
By attaching the VF180 prism viewfinder (magnification ratio of 1.2x) to a SEA&SEA housing, the magnification increases by 1.2x and entire field of view can be seen at the same time. Recommended for users committed to strict composition and focusing.
- Two Fiber-optic cable sockets. By inserting the Fiber-optic Cable into the housing connector, an external strobe will be optically connected to the camera’s built-in flash enabling full-featured strobe photography and creative lighting expression.
- Features a Optical Viewfinder 0.5x that makes it easy to see the whole field of view. An optional exchangeable viewfinder can be selected as well.
- Various ports including NX ports can be mounted with the RDX Port Base L or the RDX Port Base S in order to accommodate many kinds of lenses.
- Easily operated shutter lever, excellent for quick snapshots. The shutter lever can be operated in two ways – pushing from the top or pulling from the front – and offers a smooth halfway press for adjusting the autofocus so you need not worry about any missed chances.
- Large buckle structure (with lock function). Makes it easier to open and close the back cover than existing (metal) locking latches.
- By attaching an SA8, a SEA ARM 7 Compact or a similar arm set to the tripod socket at the bottom of the housing, up to two external strobes can be mounted.
- When using the optional Grip-Stay L II, you can hold the camera firmly with both hands just as you can with conventional housings.
- Strong and durable build, with a depth rating of up to 60m / 200ft.
Depth rating: 60m / 200ft Dimensions (WxHxD): 200x190x140mm / 7.9x7.5x5.5 inches
Weight: Approx. 1,770g / 62oz (Housing only)