Seacam has announced the launch of a new range of housings: Prelude. Designed to provide full functionality and build quality, but at a lower price, the initial housings are for the Canon EOS60D and Nikon D7000 cameras. The prelude housings are manufactured from CNC machined aluminum and have the ubiquitous Seacam silver external coating. Ports, viewfinders, strobes and connections are interchangeable with the Seacam Silver housings.
Seacam Prelude Canon E0S60D.
Controls that can be accessed by turning knobs and control levers are: Main switch, shutter release, front/rear dial, manual focus or zoom, mode, lens release, AF-ON. Controls that are accessed by push buttons include: Play, live view, Q-button, multi-controller.
Seacam Prelude Nikon D7000.
Controls that can be accessed via turning knobs and control levers are: Main switch, LCD light, shutter release, front/rear dial, manual focus or zoom, lens release, AF-M focus select, mode, AE-L / AF-L. Controls accessed by push buttons include: Play, live view start, info, multi-controller.
Specifications common to both housings:
- The housings are milled out of a saltwater-proof hardened and anodized light metal alloy.
- Double sealing with seamless, O-rings protects all shafts and press buttons. The main O-ring is of a particularly strong dimension.
- PRO G viewfinder.
- 2 flash sockets N5 or S6, 2 flash arm tees 25mm, tripod thread 3/8”, M8 thread on the housing roof, 2 removable handles and optic-acoustical water alarm.
- Spare O-ring set, lubricant, hex-wrench set and locking strap in neoprene bag; protection caps and instruction manual.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 250 x 170 x 130 mm excluding port, viewfinder and handles.
- Weight: 2300g excluding port and viewfinder, neutral under water depending on port and viewfinder.
- Operation depth: - 80m.
Both housings are expected to be priced at around $3,350, including Pro Viewfinder and will be available by the end of February 2011.