Think Tank Photo has announced an update to their Airport TakeOff carry on. The bag features both wheels and backpack straps. Version 2.0 is 15% lighter and features a redesigned retractable handle and internal pockets for tablets and cell phones.
The Airport TakeOff V2.0 is shipping now. Please consult your local Think Tank dealer for prices.
Updated Airport TakeOff ™ V2.0 Rolling Backpack is 15% Lighter
There are times when uneven terrain simply forces photographers to carry their rolling camera bags. Now, with our Airport TakeOff V2.0, you can convert your roller to a backpack. And since the new version is 15% lighter, you can carry your gear to the next location more comfortably. Sized to meet the needs of the traveling professional, the Airport TakeOff V2.0 fits most U.S. domestic and international airline carry-on requirements.
“The Airport TakeOff V2.0 features a custom designed retractable handle with inset channel on aluminum tubing for added strength and durability, making it easier to roll down the street,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s CEO and lead designer. “A newly added tablet carry in the laptop pocket and dedicated smart phone pocket in the front flap ensure photographers’ tools are easily accessible and at the ready.”
- Pocket for tripod mount or water bottle on side (Additional straps included for larger tripods)
- Cable and combination lock included for securing the lockable zippers
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, ballistic nylon, high-density velex and closed-cell PU foam are the highest quality materials in the industry
- Top compartment cradles large camera bodies for a perfect fit
- Interior zippered pockets for batteries, CF cards, filters and accessories
- Custom-designed, high-performance, 80mm wheels with sealed ABEC grade 5 bearings for quiet rolling
- User-replaceable retractable handle, wheels and feet
- Extra tall wheel housings protect bag from scrapes and scratches
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Grab handles on three sides for lifting bag into the overhead bin
- Reinforced dividers support heavy gear and maintain strength over time
- Business card holder on top for identification
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellent (DWR) coating, plus underside of fabric has a polyurethane coating. The bag is constructed with 1680D ballistic nylon, Poly 600D, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, custom designed extra tall skid plates, high performance 80mm super quiet wheels with sealed bearings, SpanKodra front pocket, rubberized laminate reinforcement, 320G airmesh, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane backed Velex liner and dividers, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, closed-cell foam and reinforced PE board dividers, clear mesh pockets, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Internal Dimensions: 13” W x 18.5” H x 5.3– 6.8” D (33 x 47 x 13–17 cm)
Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 21” H x 8” D (35.5 x 53 x 22 cm) Laptop Pocket: 11.4” W x 16.3” H x 1.4” D (29 x 41.5 x 3.6 cm)
Tablet Pocket: 9.8” W x 9.4” H x 0.8” D (25 x 24 x 2 cm)
Weight: 7.0–8.7 lbs. (3.2–3.9 kg) depending on accessories used