TRT-Electronics has designed a new version of their TTL trigger for Olympus MILC cameras when housed in Olympus PT series housings. These have an angled space designed to accommodate Olympus strobes, which the new o-TURTLE mimics. The o-TURTLE 45’s performance is identical to that of the original o-TURTLE, bar that it has a smaller battery.
The o-TURTLE 45 is available now, priced at €429.
TRT-Electronics announce the new TTL trigger for Olympus MILC systems which fits into the Olympus PT series housings
Our company released the new o-TURTLE for Olympus MILC Systems a few weeks ago. We received feedback from our customers that the trigger didn’t fit into the Olympus PT series housings wherein Olympus strobes are typically installed into the hotshoe to control the external strobes.
Hence we designed a new trigger, the o-TURTLE 45, to solve this problem. It has the same capabilities as the original o-TURTLE trigger with a smaller lipo battery (120 mAh). It works with Olympus OM-D E-PL3, E-M5, E-M5II, E-M10II, E-M1, E-M1II cameras and different underwater strobes (Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2 and Inon Z240 types 3/4). You can also use the o-TURTLE 45 with the included LEDB OARD to control the strobes via a fiber optic cable.
- Compatible cameras: Olympus MILC systems.
- Compatible underwater strobes with LEDBOARD 5 mm (64 candela) or 3 mm (12 candela) LED (Optical sync): Inon Z-240 , Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2 with multicore cables. 4 types of LED board are available.
- TTL outputs: 1 optical LEDs and 1 electric wire connectors (X-trigger. Quench, GND)
- Switch between 1st or 2nd curtain modes for perfect rendering of motion. Strobe exposure correction still works fine.
- No more overheating problems with built-in camera strobe
- Extends camera battery life
- Continuous shooting is available in non silent mode
- Full scale power with optical sync in TTL
The LED BOARD can be attached to the inside of the housing’s window of the housing and the be connected the Turtle.
What is in the box
- O-TURTLE adapter
- USB Charger
- LED BOARD