XIT 404 will release a series of new products at the Beneath the Sea (BTS) this weekend. Originally debuted at DEMA is 2011, the SOLA Remote Trigger allows the user to switch SOLA 500, 800 and 1200 lights on and off, as well as control power levels and, where applicable red light, from the housing handles. The kit consists of a 20” cable, XIT cable ties, SOLA light trigger and housing trigger switch. It will be available to order at BTS at $130. The Slide Mount allows the attachment of Locline arms to a 1/4” threaded hole on the housing. It retails at $60. Lastly, the company has produced a silicon rubber cable tidy called the Cable Tie. These retail for $5.
SOLA Remote Trigger.
The Sola Remote Trigger is a product specifically designed to remotely control Light & Motion’s new line of LED lights. It works with the Sola 500, 800 & 1200 models (this version of remote trigger is not compatible with the Sola 2000 or 4000 video lights). This is handy for photographers and videographers by allowing them control over the light where they want it - near their hands.
How many times have you set up, only to have to change the light level or beam width? Chances are the light is under a coral, nestled in hydroid, buried in sand, or your lights are 3 feet away at the end of an arm - how do you do this? The Sola Remote Trigger!
The trigger is a simple mechanism that attaches to your light (like a remora). You run the 20” length cable down the arm , attach it with our flexible Cable Tie, to where ever you want the trigger to be within easy reach.
- Aluminum housing and extrusion plus sturdy plastic construction.
- No maintenance required - just rinse.
- Custom cable lengths available from 20” up to 48” extended.
- Flexible silicon rubber cable tie provided to tether the cable to arm.
- Optional ridged mounts available (Xit 404 Quad Ball Adaptor required).
- Ultra light weight design adds less than 3 ounces dry.
The Slide Mount is used for attaching Locline to your housing. The mount attaches to any 1/4” threaded hole on your housing, but works best with Xit 404’s Quad Ball Adaptor. The Slide Mount is available for either 1/2” or 3/4” Locline.
- Aluminum construction with a plastic cinch nut.
- Locline mount provided in either 1/2” or 3/4”.
- Designed to mount into any 1/4-20 threaded hole.
- Anti-rotate feature included when mounting to an Xit 404 Quad Ball Adaptor.
- Allows you to easily slide your Locline aromas on and off.
- Underwater you can slide your arm with light attached off the mount for some creative lighting away from your housing..
Our Cable Ties were originally designed to tie your Sola Remote Trigger Cable to your Locline arms. We have three styles, one that is 1/2” wide x 7” long, one that is 3/4” wide x 7” and one that is 3/4” wide x 6” long. Other ideas for their use: Secure your regulator hose for traveling, tie up your loose cables in a nice tidy bundle or tie up your Mac Book Pro power cord.
- Durable Silicon Rubber.
- Multiple holes for adjustment.
- Blue in color, maybe all 7 of our colors in the future.