Community Status Updates

Photo

deepbluemdrtrski

Richard, I've been reading everything I can from anybody thats shooting Sony DSLRs underwater, and your name comes up routinely. Have you been considering a change to the A77 or A99? I recently picked up an a77, originally intending on using it for land photography, as I already own a d7000, nauticam setup. But the more I play with it, the more it impresses me as having real potential for underwater shooting. BS Kinetics looks like they make a housing with a small plate that attaches...
Nov 23 2012 05:08 AM
  • rtrski's Photo
    rtrski
    Funny you should mention that. I did buy an A99, just a couple weeks ago (which is pretty much the earliest I could have, eh?). In short: I LOVE IT. But I may not be housing it soon, if at all. 1) Ike probably won't sell one - they haven't said no on their website yet, but they didn't house the A77 because of the joystick and the A99 also has one, PLUS now a locking mode dial. 2) While I've seen BS-K's stuff a DEMA and thought it was nifty, I'm already invested in...
    Nov 23 2012 05:57 PM
  • rtrski's Photo
    rtrski
    hm, think we should take this to IM - can't seem to figure out how to read past the ... and I typed rather a bit more. seems you did too.
    Nov 23 2012 05:58 PM