Ways to increase forum participation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Kippax

Chris Kippax

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:The underwater world, wildlife photography and mechanical engineering

Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:48 PM

Hi All

I enjoy Wetpixel and the wealth of knowledge that can be drawn upon when required. As others have said the forums seem almost completely gear focused.

What are ways we can increase participation in relation to just diving and taking photos?

How about a weekly dive thread?

Talk about where you dived and with who

What the condition/profiles/dive site were like 

gear used new & old

And maybe attach a photo or 2 if possibe

New species sighted

Highlights

Can a thread automatically generate each Monday "Weekly Dive Report ##/##/2019"

#2 errbrr

errbrr

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

Photo of the month competition  ;)

#3 Chris Kippax

Chris Kippax

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:The underwater world, wildlife photography and mechanical engineering

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

Photo of the month competition  ;)

Great idea!!

#4 hyp

hyp

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:24 PM

I think themed image sharing threads might be a really good idea. An above water camera forum I frequently visit (mu-43.com) has image threads for about every thing you could imagine from horses, to car racing and waterfalls. More interestingly it has a dedicated thread for each camera lens, which has been an invaluable tool to see what each lens is capable of doing when put in the hands of a skilled photographer. 

Considering the smaller community here I imagine that it might be better to keep the categories broad, but even having image threads for compacts, mu43, APS-C and FF could help making discussions about image quality and what can be done with smaller sensors much more informed. 

It would also provide a better basis for discussion in general than countless individual posts about a single trip, which often only get a handful of comments. In addition to that, it would be nice, if (maybe once every two weeks) one of the mods chose one of the higher quality (or more informative) threads to be featured on the WetPixel front page. 

#5 subsea

subsea

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:11 AM

I think an area where photos are shown with various system settings used for others with similar systems can experiment.