2337 replies to this topic

#2321 Devilfish

Devilfish

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

Aloha all,
Dive and shoot locally in Kailua, HI as well as internationally several times per year. Just picked up a Nikonos V and learning film also. Look forward to being a part of the forum!
Evan

Are you in Kailua-Kona then? I have a few dives in Kailua, Oahu, with my metal detector. Way too murky and surgy for photography. 

#2322 jtkirby426

jtkirby426

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

Hello,

My name is Jack, I'm a filmmaker working in marine conservation. I currently live and work in Washington, DC. 

#2323 hbfilms

hbfilms

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

Hi from Seattle! I'm a long time reader, recently signed up user on the forums and have been diving for more than 15 years. I shoot with a Gh5 in a Nauticam housing and typically focus on video rather than photography these days. Happy to be a part of such a wonderful community of divers and image creators!

#2324 ameless88

ameless88

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, art, animals, chocolate.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

Hellooooo photo nerds! I live and teach diving in Bonaire and love underwater photo. It is a pleasure to be on this forum with so many talented and interesting UW photographers!

:dancing:  

-AmW.

#2325 youngchow

youngchow

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:28 PM

Hello,

This is John from Korea.

Ive recently got GH5 and very excited to test it underwater in June at Saipan

hopefully i can learn setup and techqnique here

thx

#2326 WittzEnd

WittzEnd

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:54 AM

Last year I took a trip to Komodo and brought along a Hero 6 without lights. Had a blast but now on a quest to improve my setup.

Just acquired an LX-10 with Nauticam housing, Inon s2000 strobes, still searching for right video lights. Im sure Ill have lots of questions! Thanks in advance for the support.

#2327 ullek

ullek

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

Hi,

I'm Ulf from Germany. Diving since 2 years, hope to get inspiriation and advise to improve my photo and video skills. 

#2328 mermaidkaties

mermaidkaties

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:57 PM

Hey there! I have been a wetpixel member for years but restored my phone and cant remember the password bummer. Also lost a great deal of photos. 🙄😒😔 However I am back lol.

This is the place for underwater photographers. There isnt any other site quite like this. I have also successfully purchased housings and lenses from using the wetpixel site. Its also a great way for new underwater photographers to get great advice and meet cool like minded people.

Katie Storr Underwater Photographer and PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer. I have been an underwater photographer for over 7years and am now in my 11th year of being a photographer. I love what I do and I hope you will to. Check out my website for my adventures, travels and cool pics. Happy shooting. Xoxo www.katiestorrphoto.com

#2329 anchochile

anchochile

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:20 PM

Hi all, I'm a cold-water diver based in Northern California, and am currently working on getting my first underwater camera rig. Excited to learn from you all!

#2330 nakmuay

nakmuay

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:50 AM

Hi, I'm an expat living in Thailand and just started with underwater photography. I've been freediving and scuba diving for a while now and took pictures and videos with action cameras and the tg5 before, but just recently bought a mirrorless.
Mostly I'm in Thailand but every now and then I go to neighbor countries like the Philippines and Indonesia.

#2331 gratephul

gratephul

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:41 AM

Hey, I live in Park City, Utah in the United States. I've been lurking for a little while and finally made an account. I just got back from my first dive trip with a real camera setup (a Nikon d7000 in an ikelite case) and am completely hooked on underwater photography.

#2332 missaquatica

missaquatica

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:45 PM

Hi I'm Sheree Marris and I live in Melbourne Australia. I dabble in underwater photography and videography. Capable of taking a reasonable pic or two but need to improve my technical skills.

Best Fishes

Sheree

#2333 Divingmama

Divingmama

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving, diving, photography. Did I say diving?

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

Hi, I'm new to Wetpixel, and have been diving 30 years and taking underwater photos for 10 years. It's been loads of fun, and I enjoy traveling to new places to dive. Unfortunately my Olympus underwater housing keeps flooding, and I'm more than bummed because at this stage in life I don't want to spend thousands on a new camera and housing. Just bought the Olympus OMD EM5 Mark II camera and PT-EP13 housing a year and a half ago, and hoped it would last years. The camera is awesome. If anyone is selling a used PT-EP13 housing, please let me know. Olympus isn't making them anymore.

Thanks, 

Divingmama

#2334 ladiver33

ladiver33

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:59 PM

Hello. New to wetpixel. Have been shooting a TG5 and just about ready to step up to a mirrorless setup. Have a few questions primarily about the Gh5. Specifically about housing and ports

#2335 Laikabear

Laikabear

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:01 AM

Hi,Maureen from Pasadena, CA. I have been diving 3 yrs and just got my first camera setup. I have one strobe but am looking to buy a second (Sea & Sea DS-Y2). I have an Olympus TG5.

#2336 nemiga

nemiga

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:46 PM

Hello, my name is Roman Smolgovsky.

I teach diving in San Francisco Bay Area and are doing UW Photography and Videography. I have some used gear for sale in a perfect condition (Olympus TG4 with the housing and Wide Angle Wet Lens) - please, let me know if you are interested.

#2337 mlemons

mlemons

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:38 PM

Hi Nemiga,

There is a classifieds forums where you will probably get a much better response if you are trying to sell stuff. Keep in mind you need to make at least 3 posts outside of the classifieds forums in order to be able to post or comment there.

#2338 oceansallure

oceansallure

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

Hello I am Monique from Palm Beach Gardens, FL. I was an avid UW photographer years ago and suffered some ankle issues. I am currently recouping from surgery and looking forward to getting back where I belong!