25 replies to this topic

#21 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

Steve,
In the hopes of helping you relive some of those magical moments again, I have posted a small video of the wild dolphin encounters. http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=31342
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com

#22 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3135 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

In all its truth, to swim alongside these magical creatures and look eye-to-eye is an experience unlike any other. No connection with nature is greater to me. Whether it's watching a frolicking young dolphin who is not much different than a small human child at play, or bonding with an older dolphin who instills in me the presence of an old wise man, there is no question that there is "someone inside" in these wild dolphins.

Amen brother.

Thanks again for putting the great video up, it proves I wasn't dreaming and you really can keep up with the dolphins. :)

Glad you liked the images, you worked hard enough for them. There are a couple more here.

Cheers my friend,
Steve

Edited by Steve Williams, 15 July 2009 - 07:08 PM.

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#23 MikeO

MikeO

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1040 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

It is a shame that Jimmy doesn't run more of the dolphin and reef diving trips. My girlfriend would love to do one, but is not so thrilled about having to sit at tiger beach as penance for swimming with dolphins. I guess it is supply and demand . . .

Mike Oelrich
Canon EOS 40D in Seatool housing, 100mm macro, Tokina 10-17, INON Z-240s.

#24 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3135 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

It is a shame that Jimmy doesn't run more of the dolphin and reef diving trips. My girlfriend would love to do one, but is not so thrilled about having to sit at tiger beach as penance for swimming with dolphins. I guess it is supply and demand . . .

Hi Mike,
Berkley set this trip up to focus on the dolphins, we spent most of four days with them. We only stopped to dive with sharks when we were too wore out to swim any more. If you give Jim and company a call I'll bet they can make your girlfriend happy.

Have fun,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#25 crubie

crubie

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

Steve Great Pictures ! :B):

Christophe Rubie
chrisrubie@mac.com

Canon 5D MKIII, Nauticam NA-5DMKIII, Inon Z-240, Keldan 4x

#26 michael12

michael12

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

Great shots, really love dolphins. I really need to go on one of those trips at some point....Jealous of you Steve.