• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 haring

haring

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

My Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard is dead. 
:(

I am looking for a recommendation to replace/upgrade my dead motherboard with a new one. I originally wanted to buy a used Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 ( socket: 1155) to replace the dead one. However, the used ones are very expensive, more expensive than the new motherboards. I better buy a new one. 

What motherboard would you recommend? I would like to move everything onto the new motherboard, i7 intel, memory, SSD, Gpu, etc. I would use the pc for photo/photoshop and video editing.

What I have: 
- i7 intel
- memory: 4Gx2|G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
- GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7750 DirectX 11 HD7750-1GD5-V2 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

#2 ChrisRoss

ChrisRoss

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:54 AM

The problem with PCs I have learned from bitter experience is that the processors become obsolete incredibly fast, socket 1155 came out in 2011 so is getting long in the tooth.  I would recommend googling socket 1155 motherboard and see what's available in your region.  Anything from recognized vendors like ASUS or Gigabyte with the right number and type of connections for RAM and video card and the needed number of USB and other interface connections should work out fine. I've had good success with Gigabyte motherboards, you'll probably find them pricey as the vendors know the alternative is to buy a whole new system with CPU/RAM etc.

Once you have a likely candidate go to the vendor website and check compatibility with your CPU.  Given the age of the board and CPU it is highly likely to be good to go.