National Wildlife Photography Awards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kriptap

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

Just got an email from the National Wildlife Photography Awards to say I got an honerable mention! problem is they gave me two days to snail mail a high res image to them :glare:

Oh the image it the one in my avatar on the left.

#2 Seriola

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Scientific/Research Diving, Marine Ecology, Jellyfish culturing/collecting, Aquarium Science

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

i take it there isnt a link to the winners yet then.... said October 1st :-)
Wyatt Patry
Jellyfish Nut
Oly E330, Oly PT-E02 housing, 14-45 mm, 35 mm, Athena OPD-SZ14-42 Dome Port, Heinrich-Weikamp Bulkhead

#3 Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8587 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

Congrats Patrick. Excellent work.

I really love that shot - it was my favourite of all the entries in the BSoUP Int Focus On.

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D5 (Subal housing). Nikon D7200 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#4 yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3496 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:35 AM

Rand McMeins was also informed that he had won the Underwater Category with an image of his cormorant and bait fish shot. A great accomplishment as apparently this contest gained in popularity and received over 10,000 entries this year in all categories. (Alex might see Magic Filter show up again in a magazine :) )

My understanding is his image will be in their magazine and may appear in the Winter issue of Nature's Best as the contest was affiliated with it in some way. He also has the opportunity to be selected for display in the Smithsonian.

Truly a great honour to both of you! :(

Todd Mintz
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#5 depelos

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:11 AM

Well done Patrick. That is indeed a great shot. That'd be sweet if it gets shown in a museum in D.C.! Maybe you'll be flown up to present your photo to George W. !