• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pichi

Pichi

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:56 AM

Hi everyone, anybody out there using the new Pro line Nimar housing? It seems to be very well built but I can't find sufficient information on the web to help me decide whether to buy this housing or the Ikelite for my Nikon D750. I can't pay the cost of a Nauticam or other top rated housings, no if I want to stay married anyways! Price wise, after the ports, extension rings and gears it will pretty much the same for the Ikelite or the Nimar. If anyone have something to share about the subject it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Pichi, 20 March 2018 - 05:02 AM.

#2 Brian Lee

Brian Lee

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:09 AM

Hi Pichi,
Did you already buy Nimar Housing? I also looking for some information about it. My friend use it with Nikon D7000. He satisfied with it but he just took photofor fun.

I'm love super macro so much. Unfortunately I didn't find any super macro photographer who doing well with Nimar housing. That's why I still researching about it.

#3 Pichi

Pichi

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

Hi Brian... I did buy the Nimar housing, however, I haven't get it yet..I'm hoping to get it this week, as soon as I get it I will let you know my first impression. There is no much info about the new Pro line out there yet, since its a new product.

Ran from Mosaik Underwater Housings helped me with the decision process. He tested one of the new Pro housings, the one for the Nikon D500 , and he published a review of it. He visited the Nimar factory in Italy and he said the product its of a great quality and he has high expectations from it. 

Due to a limited budget  I had  to decide whether to buy the  Ikelite or Nimar housings, better ergonomics, better port locking system and back door locking mechanism combined with a tougher material (delrin), various port mounting rings and few other details made me choose the Nimar housing. However, this is obviously  a leap of faith since this product its very new and there is no reviews from other users so far.( Fingers crossed)

I have no previous experience with the Ikelite system and by no means I'm stating that the Nimar housing is better. I read lots of good reviews about Ikelite and there is an ocean of happy users out there. I just simply made my decision based on what in my opinion will work best for me.

I'm not sure if you already own a camera, but if you don't, I believe a cropped sensor camera will serve you best for  super macro as per many experienced photographers in this site.

Have a great day!

#4 Brian Lee

Brian Lee

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

Hi Pichi,

I have limited budget too. I using Olympus E-PL5 now. I try to migrate to APS-C because of two reasons. It will have better photo quality and more lens. And I also want to try some wide angle photos. Please share some after get your new housing. Can't wait your beautiful photos.

#5 Bacteriofago

Bacteriofago

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:42 AM

Hi Brian... I did buy the Nimar housing, however, I haven't get it yet..I'm hoping to get it this week, as soon as I get it I will let you know my first impression. There is no much info about the new Pro line out there yet, since its a new product.

Ran from Mosaik Underwater Housings helped me with the decision process. He tested one of the new Pro housings, the one for the Nikon D500 , and he published a review of it. He visited the Nimar factory in Italy and he said the product its of a great quality and he has high expectations from it. 

Due to a limited budget  I had  to decide whether to buy the  Ikelite or Nimar housings, better ergonomics, better port locking system and back door locking mechanism combined with a tougher material (delrin), various port mounting rings and few other details made me choose the Nimar housing. However, this is obviously  a leap of faith since this product its very new and there is no reviews from other users so far.( Fingers crossed)

I have no previous experience with the Ikelite system and by no means I'm stating that the Nimar housing is better. I read lots of good reviews about Ikelite and there is an ocean of happy users out there. I just simply made my decision based on what in my opinion will work best for me.

I'm not sure if you already own a camera, but if you don't, I believe a cropped sensor camera will serve you best for  super macro as per many experienced photographers in this site.

Have a great day!

I rather prefer Nimar than Ikelite, The Nimar housing looks stronger and better built than Ikelite...

#6 Reefdiver88

Reefdiver88

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:01 AM

Pichi

Can you update your experiences with the Nimar?

Thanks

#7 mozaik

mozaik

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:53 PM

We've tested the new Delrin housings and reviewed them below:

https://www.housingc...rwater-housings

Ran, our lead photographer has been using their housings for almost 2 years now and is very happy with them.

Tal Mor
Mozaik Underwater Cameras
Blaine, WA, USA | Vancouver, BC , CANADA
Tel: +1-360-529-0990