• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hon

hon

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Now that with the Nikonos guru Bob Warkentin closing down his Southern Nikonos repair service on 31st Dec, 2010, where would you guys go to have your precious gems serviced?

Thank you.

#2 stewsmith

stewsmith

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Interests:World travel
    diving
    photography
    winding Drew up

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

Now that with the Nikonos guru Bob Warkentin closing down his Southern Nikonos repair service on 31st Dec, 2010, where would you guys go to have your precious gems serviced?

Thank you.

Straight to your nearest Canon dealer.

Stew

Canon 5D MK2 - Sea and Sea housed - 17-40L 100mm - Sigma 15mm FE - twin YS250 pro's and gadgets galore

http://www.euphoticzoneimaging.com

#3 JKrumsick

JKrumsick

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Philosophy, various libations, light hearted debauchery, Chromatophores and the occasional tupperware party.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

Straight to your nearest Canon dealer.

Stew

I'm with you - ebay the precious gem for a newer, more useable precious gem. You won't regret it :dancing:

#4 saga7

saga7

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

Mike Mesgleski and Mike Haber who teach the Jim Church photo courses on the aggressor fleet liveaboards also service the nikonos line of cameras. Here is there website.
http://www.underwatercamerarepair.com/

#5 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

If Mike & Mike are still operational I can highly recommend them. They used to do our Nikonos service and were always very professional. We've even been to their house once when we needed an emergency service done and Mike M. did it while we waited.

But, to really answer your question, I would 'go digital' :dancing: The Nikonos was an awesome camera and all, but it's really way beyond its expiry date. Lots of current digital p&s systems way outdo the Nikonos systems in every way.
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#6 Damo

Damo

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:Getting close to underwater aliens- and pulling the camera trigger

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

Happy new year...Time to let your Nikonos go Hon....just be brave.....and...

Go straight to your Nikon Dealer.... :dancing:

(seriously tho' - best of luck with your search....I used a motomarine ii once upon a time, so I know what u mean...then I discovered digital....and wetpixel....and everything changed .....forever.. )
Nikon D200- Sea and Sea DX-D200, YS-90 Auto/Duo strobes: Nikon 60mm/105mm macro : Sigma 10-20mm wide, now also with added Tokina 10-17mm power.

'All animals are equal, tho' some animals are more equal than others.'-Comrade Napoleon

'If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets'- Gurney Halleck

Visit My Flickr Website

#7 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:51 AM

FYI Kevin at www.aquaphot.com can still repair Nikonos gear in the UK, 'though I'd guess some spares are becoming scarcer by now.
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish