Photo
- - - - -

Is Weda Halmahera - Indonesia a good divespot?

Indonesia halmahera weda

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chilbal

chilbal

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

Hi

Have any of you good people dived at Weda Halmahera in Indonesia? 

I consider a trip in February with the first stop in Lembeh, and after some days in Lembeh travel on to Weda, but how is the diving there? On the dive center webpage is says that diving is great, but the very few videos and pictures I have found from the area shows another picture, with damage corals and not that many fish or other stuff.

So I will really appreciate, if some of you that have visited the area or heard about it other ways, can tell me if it´s a good plan to go out there – or maybe if you have other ideas as an alternative to Weda – offcourse beside Bunaken J

Regards
Bent

#2 frank70

frank70

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

Never been there , but just got back from lembeh where i dive with Divers Lodge ( think this is the same resort )  I spoke to Rob  the owner but also to some guides that  have been diving there and the guides liked weda better than lembeh......

#3 gracero

gracero

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

Hi Bent,

I had a very enjoyable dive trip to Lembeh and then Weda in 2014. I thought it was a very good combination with mainly muck diving in Lembeh and excellent coral diving in Weda. Coincidentally I just finished editing the video I took in Weda last night and have just posted a highlights video on youtube.

Have a look and see what you think - I reckon the corals were great and there was good fish life. I'm happy to try and answer any questions you have.

Richard

Edited by gracero, 18 October 2017 - 04:54 AM.