• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 evpoellinger

evpoellinger

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

Hey there everyone, I have a Sony A7ii and the new 85mm FE f/1.8. I shoot in shallow water, so structurally the Meikon housing should be perfect. My question is whether or not the 85mm will fit in the port. Meikon said that they didn't recommend it, but it is only 5mm wider than some approved lenses, so I figured I would ask if anyone who has both the lens and the housing would be willing to check if it fits for me. 

Thanks!

#2 mt-m

mt-m

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

I have the Meikon housing, but not the 85 f/1.8. If it's 5mm larger in diameter than the 24-70 f/4, it may not fit inside the port, since the 24-70 is already a close fit. 

I can put some tape onto the 24-70 to simulate extra 5mm and see if it fits, if you like.

One thing I dislike about the Meikon housing is that the four nubs with hard rubber ends on the housing's back that press the camera into the housing, press on the LCD screen instead of the camera body. If you have any kind of an LCD protector installed on the camera, the pressure of the nubs will be too much - you'll actually see those distortions that happen when you press on LCD screens.

#3 mt-m

mt-m

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

Just tried it with my 16-35 f4 - it's supposed to be the same 78mm diameter as the 85 f/1.8.

It fits inside the port diameter wise (not length wise - it's too long).

#4 mt-m

mt-m

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Now that I have the 85 f/1.8, thought I'd update this post.

Yes, Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 does fit inside the standard port on Meikon A7II housing.

#5 GraemeTek

GraemeTek

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

...posted in wrong thread sorry.

Edited by GraemeTek, 30 October 2017 - 08:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sony, Meikon, Mirrorless, Compatibility