Photo

Changes to Classifieds Forum-please read!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 2225 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:00 AM

Dear Wetpixel community,

I am trying out a new policy for posts in the Classifieds forum.

It now requires a minimum of three posts (in any of the other forums) before members can post for sale ads or respond to posts in the forum.

There are two reasons for this:

1. Wetpixel is a vibrant community of individuals that willingly and selflessly share their experiences and knowledge. The Classifieds section is there for members of our community to recycle their used gear.

We welcome new members to our community but we do not want to become simply a cheap way for people to sell used gear.

2. Practically, Wetpixel is a very safe way to buy and sell, with thousands of mutually beneficial transactions. However, like all online communities, there are those that seek to defraud people via fraudulent transactions.

Hopefully, requiring a number of posts prior to allowing interactions on the Classifieds forum will increase the security of transactions, and allow buyers/sellers to formulate better opinions about their prospective buyers/sellers.

I am relatively open-minded about this new policy and will assess it and revise as appropriate. Please feel free to add any opinions to this thread` too.

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#2 Daniel Agustin

Daniel Agustin

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hi Adam,

I just joined Wetpixel a week ago, but I've read many, many tips and advice from it for quite some time now. Thank you for a great space where to learn from, and to share experiences with others around the globe.

You mention that as part of this policy, new members must have three posts before being able to reply in the forum. I've posted one new topic so far and got a reply, to which I commented back. As a result of this rule, did my response get to the other member? Or before I post two new topics, to complete three, my replies won't get to their intended recipients? I'm not an English native speaker, so I want to make sure I understand this well, for I don't want to break any rule.

Thank you,

Daniel

#3 adamhanlon

adamhanlon

Harbor Seal

• Admin
  • 2225 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:08 PM

Hi Daniel,

The three posts rule only applies in the classifieds forum...

All the best

Adam

Adam Hanlon-underwater photographer and videographer
Editor-wetpixel
web | Flickr | twitter | Linkedin | Facebook

#4 Daniel Agustin

Daniel Agustin

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:02 AM

got it. makes absolute sense.