6 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Colquitt

Stephen Colquitt

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hi all

I just wanted to introduce myself, as I just signed up to this site. I am Stephen Colquitt, currently living in Melbourne. I work as a fisheries manager and I studied aquatic science and aquaculture at the University of Tasmania. It would not be too far off the mark to say that Im pretty interested in fish.

Wetpixel has been recommended to me by a good friend as a place to learn more about underwater photography and to share some of my images with you. Looking around I can see some fairly famous faces on this site and I hope that I get to interact with and learn from those people and other members.

I do some freelance comemrcial photography and I have been diving for 15 years. It seemed like a natural progression to combine these interests and I got into UW photography about 2 years ago. I still rate myself as an accomplished beginner in UW photography but recently I have started to produce higher quality photos that I am happier to share and show off.

My Kit
Nikon D200
105mm VR
10.5 fisheye
Aquatica housing and ports
Twin Sea & Sea YS 110 strobes

Memorable dive trips I have done: (not all with my camera)
Great Barrier Reef - Australia (Taka II live aboard from Cairns)
Vanuatu - Espiritu Santo - President Coolidge (Alan Power)
Thailand - Koh Lipe, Adaman Sea
Raja Ampat - Indonesia
Busselton Jetty - Western Australia
I also have vast experience with temperate water diving around, Southern coats of NSW, Victoria, Tasmania and Western Australia.

Thanks and I hope to see you all around.
Steve :)

#2 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3496 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Welcome to the pond

Todd
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#3 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3135 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

I still rate myself as an accomplished beginner in UW photography but recently I have started to produce higher quality photos that I am happier to share and show off.

Hi Stephen, welcome to Wetpixel! I think you'll find that if you are happy with your images, around here that would pass for "accomplished". :) I highly recommend the pinned threads, lots of great ideas. I'd also recommend you read all the new threads as they come up even if the subject doesn't interest you at first. Things have a way of spiralling off into other areas sometimes even though the moderators do a great job of trying to keep us on track. Have fun.

Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#4 Stephen Colquitt

Stephen Colquitt

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

Hi Stephen, welcome to Wetpixel! I think you'll find that if you are happy with your images, around here that would pass for "accomplished". :) I highly recommend the pinned threads, lots of great ideas. I'd also recommend you read all the new threads as they come up even if the subject doesn't interest you at first. Things have a way of spiralling off into other areas sometimes even though the moderators do a great job of trying to keep us on track. Have fun.

Steve

Thanks - Will do

#5 Lndr

Lndr

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

Hi Steve, welcome to wp :)

#6 anthp

anthp

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts
  • Interests:Photography in Le Grand Bleu.

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hi Steve - welcome to WP and congrats on taking the excellent advice of that good friend of yours :)
Anthony Plummer
anthonyplummer.com
"It's much better down there... It's a better place..." Enzo, Le Grand Bleu.

#7 Stephen Colquitt

Stephen Colquitt

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

Hi Steve - welcome to WP and congrats on taking the excellent advice of that good friend of yours :D

Yes Anth - he is a good bloke, but its a shame he wont come diving with me! :P