#121 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

[/quote]

Nice work guys. Now about that anti-reflective coating LCD window? :)
[/quote]

Drew... let me go to bed :) :) , I promise you, if we find some material that is antireflective easy to machine and does not cost more than a space shuttle port hole, we will put it in no problem, so far no luck.

Darren, Thanks for the Hug offer, hug's don't pay the rent but they shure make you apreciate your day's work! we have a bunch of those getting ready to ship soon :wub:
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#122 Nextwo

Nextwo

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Photo, Diving and ROV

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:39 PM

This is good info Jean, thanks for the update.

Now go to bed, get some ZzzzZzz
"When breaking the Laws of Nature the punishment occurs instantly. The punishment is known in advance and always sentenced unconditionally!"

#123 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Nextoo: do you work at Oceaneering? I sure recognize that buoyancy block paint-job!

Jean: does this mean that you have shrunk the handles now so that yours truly and my lovely wife won't have to strain so hard (popping out veins on my hand you mean, right) to reach everything from your beefcake handles? :-)

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#124 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

Nah, same handle, but we have moved the controls somewhat closer, I don't really have piano playing finger lenght myself but can easely access all the stuff that need to be taken care of, the shutter release lever is a newer wider type and care was taken to moved as close as possible for a natural feel, lever and knob have been tucked in as close to the grips as can be without cluttering things, have to say, i'm mighty proud of the name on my paycheck with this one, the team has pulled through and came up with one of the best housing Aquatica has done. :)

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#125 Nextwo

Nextwo

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

Yes I'm James. Trying to fly an ROV between all that surfing on the net, not easy I tell you.
And now waiting for my Aquatica housing is taking my breath out of me.

But these changes on the UW house is worth the wait.
Hope it arrives before june, because I join Alex's photo workshop in Gulen, Norway.

Dag
ROV Pilot @ Oceaneering
"When breaking the Laws of Nature the punishment occurs instantly. The punishment is known in advance and always sentenced unconditionally!"

#126 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Cool! I have worked w/ your colleagues aboard the Boa Sub C and the Deep C - Mill 21 and 22 and 36 and 37 I think.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#127 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Nah, same handle, but we have moved the controls somewhat closer, I don't really have piano playing finger lenght myself but can easely access all the stuff that need to be taken care of, the shutter release lever is a newer wider type and care was taken to moved as close as possible for a natural feel, lever and knob have been tucked in as close to the grips as can be without cluttering things, have to say, i'm mighty proud of the name on my paycheck with this one, the team has pulled through and came up with one of the best housing Aquatica has done. :)

Looking forward to it... but you guys can't go to bed... we have huge bait-balls running off the coast here today, hope they stick around to be greeted with your housing :)

Darren Jew  |  Australia  |  darrenjew.com  |  fotofrenzy.com.au

Canon EOS1Dx   |   EOSM   |   Nauticam  |   Inon Z240

#128 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

Jean, sleep? I thought Blake had toothpicks to keep your eyes open so you can work through the night? :)
The anti reflective coated glass for LCDs are now getting very popular. The Canon T1i has it. I'll settle for anti-glare :wub: Anything is better than what is out there now.

James, you can see veins popping with those hairy mitts you can hands? :)

Darren the last time I tried to dive a baitball off Brissie I almost got hooked 4 times because the fishermen don't understand what a dive flags. Where are the balls happening now? Anything like the anchovy balls in WA? Now that was fun.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#129 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:39 AM

... Darren the last time I tried to dive a baitball off Brissie I almost got hooked 4 times because the fishermen don't understand what a dive flags. Where are the balls happening now? Anything like the anchovy balls in WA? Now that was fun.

They've moved north from the NSW north coast beaches... Byron Bay and Brunswick Heads etc on the 24th to be off Stradbroke and the Southern end Moreton Island today (26th). According to this news report "Over 100 man-eaters have been spotted circling the massive school of fish."
I haven't heard of any men being eaten yet :) .

#130 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

Here are some better pics of the Anthis housing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#131 Jolly

Jolly

Lightning Kraut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

If there is any Sealux MkI housing owner out there lusting for MkII I might have some good news. I removed the Y-shaped parts that push the buttons next to the top LCD. Placed the MkII into the housing. Following controls work without any further modification: shutter, top control wheel, rear control wheel, SET button, command dial, zoom/focus gear. Viewfinder feels fine too, no shading so far. I guess Y-shaped parts could be easily adopted for MkII . LCD view is OK. The window is missing a few millimetres so just the edges arenít visible properly. But itís possible to see the entire screen if you need to. Just tilt the housing a little bit. Doesnít work: all the buttons left-hand side of the rear LCD incl. Liveview button! Those buttons definitely require modifications. But I think the housing is a good starting point for becoming modified.

I had one day abroad opportunity to jump into the water with the MkII. The video feature is really an awesome toy to have on board on a SLR :-)
I canít compare to camcorders underwater as Iím no videographer.

Julian
| Canon 5D I+II / Sealux CC5-GD I+II custom converted | 2x Ikelite DS-125 | ULCS |

#132 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

Cool Julian. A few people have modified their Mark I Subal housings to fit the mark II. Not practical for people who want to use live view or video since the old monitor was 2.5" and the new one 3". Of course fitting an external monitor is an option. :D

Drew

#133 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Photography - underwater and avian, natural history

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:09 AM

I have read all the threads and seen the various pics but now that these are being delivered can somebody tell me if the aperture control and the shutter control can be accessed by the right hand fingers whilst still retaining grip on the handle? I have only medium sized hands. I cannot do this with my Aquatica 5D Mk1 and it has to be a two-handed operation. An affirmative will tip me over the edge.

Jim Greenfield - Canon 5D Mark 3/Aquatica
My Web Site

#134 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

I have read all the threads and seen the various pics but now that these are being delivered can somebody tell me if the aperture control and the shutter control can be accessed by the right hand fingers whilst still retaining grip on the handle? I have only medium sized hands. I cannot do this with my Aquatica 5D Mk1 and it has to be a two-handed operation. An affirmative will tip me over the edge.

Well I've yet to get my 5DII Seacam wet, but.... on land with two fingers gripping the handle then the thumb will operate one, the smallest finger the other and the first finger will also operate the (newly designed) shutter release - just, and I'd say that I have medium sized hands. But underwater and with thickish gloves .... it might be trickier, perhaps possible with practice! If you fancy a trip to N Wales you are welcome to compare.
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish

#135 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

Thanks Paul
I started a new thread and headed it so it was specific to Aquatica 5D Mk2 housings. However, it has been moved into this non-specific thread. I really am only interested in the Aquatica 5D Mk2 as I have all the ports etc and don't want the expense of switching systems.

So is there anybody there who has an Aquatica housing for this camera who can advise me?

My Web Site

#136 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

The aperture and shutter controls can be both accessed with the right and on the grip, as well the video function are all hands on the grip approach.

Cheers

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#137 AengusM

AengusM

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

small hand on Aquatica 5D MkII, thumb on rear dial control, little finger on top dial control;

Posted Image

mid to large sized hand;

Posted Image

Edited by AengusM, 25 April 2009 - 12:17 AM.

#138 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for your trouble AengusM - those pics are really helpful

My Web Site

#139 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

Been away and have taken delivery of my Aquatica 5dmkii housing via peter mooney at Scubapix in Cairns.
Must say first impressions make me very happy.
Can't wait to get it in the water .... will report back as soon as I do.

#140 Nextwo

Nextwo

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:55 AM

I got my Aquatica yesterday and today I was in the water. First I have to say that I was very impressed with the quality of the UWhouse, really good job by Jean and the rest of the Aquatica, I think they put there soul in this one. It was smaller the I though but then I was upgrading from Canon 20D with Ikelite.

Here is some macro pictures from Kjerringsvik in southern Norway.
Posted Image
Pleuronectes plantessa - Roedspette in norwegian.
Posted Image
Urticina felina - Fjaeresjoerose in norwegian.
Posted Image
Caryophyllia smithii - Bergerkorall in norwegian