#1861 Crocketdile

Crocketdile

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

G'day Wetpixers!

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm currently working on the whaleshark boats on Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia. I highly recommend coming here to visit the reef and the sharks.

Looking to get a nice underwater set up for my Canon 70D. My lovely ladyfriend is also wanting to get more involved in videography over here, so we'll be keeping our eyes on the Classifieds section.

Cheers,

Davey Jones

#1862 chrismangunephotography

chrismangunephotography

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

Hey Everyone!

I've been a surface dwelling photographer for awhile ...but... my wife is a professional mermaid in Virginia Beach and I'm now required submerge myself into the underwater photography realm.  The catch is... I can't swim lol... so this will get interesting.  Thank you for accepting me into WetPixel and hope you all are having the most amazingest adventures!

Enthusiastically,

Chris Mangune Photography

#1863 BudgeJ

BudgeJ

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:29 AM

Hi,

My name is BudgeJ. I am a new WetPixel member and have 2 Sea & Sea U/W housings that I will be posting for sale. The first system is for the Nikon D7000 and the second is for the D800. Both are in good shape. Photos, pricing, etc to follow. 

#1864 maxnichols24

maxnichols24

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

Hi - I am Max Nichols. I am 16 years old and a wildlife photographer getting started in underwater photography.

#1865 gajahduduk

gajahduduk

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

Hi? HI. Looking for some gear. :)

#1866 bradshaw

bradshaw

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

New to the group.  Shooting a Canon S100 and a Canon 7D in a Nauticam housing, Sea & Sea strobes.

#1867 nan

nan

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hi - Joining from Tampa area in Florida. Was a member looong ago. Looking to sell some things and looking for advice on mirrorless cameras and general photo knowledge. Lot to read, I see!

#1868 Uwshoot46

Uwshoot46

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:05 AM

Hi I'm Rob from the Netherlands. I'm a underwater photography enthousiast for many years now, and always trying to scale up my gear, skills and image quality. So that why I joined, hope to learn, buy and sell classifieds as well.

#1869 Uwshoot46

Uwshoot46

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:46 AM

Has anyone suggestions for easy and effective search through the classifieds?

Edited by Uwshoot46, 26 May 2018 - 01:46 AM.

#1870 iritter

iritter

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

Hello,

I made the switch from shooting the fish with a spear to shooting them with a camera about a year ago.  It's been great.   Looking forward to learning from the folks here.

#1871 JesseBruyn

JesseBruyn

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

Hey There,

Jesse joining from Toronto, Canada. I am a passionate shark diver that is looking to upgrade from my current GoPro Hero 4 Black with Knekt housing / accessories into the world of a more professional grade kit. 

Looking forward to connecting with everyone! 

#1872 Zen997

Zen997

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:27 AM

Zen from the UK here, hoping to pick up some advice on which lens people like to use to shoot in different lighting

#1873 ppronovost

ppronovost

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

I'm Paul from Connecticut. At present, I have 70 dives under my belt and quickly added photography to diving after getting certified. Currently, I'm using a micro 4/3 setup with a Nauticam housing. Some of the more interesting places I've dived include Iceland, Northern Ireland, Fiji and soon Lofoten, Norway. I love the combination of travel, photography and diving while meeting many interesting people with similar interests.

#1874 Danedupuis

Danedupuis

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

This is Dane from Texas looking to start underwater photography, so I might be asking questions. Thanks

#1875 johanwalden

johanwalden

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking to nuy new gear.

#1876 woodnfish

woodnfish

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

Hi I'm Pete from western New York and I've been diving since 1981 and taking pics almost that long.

#1877 Crazins55

Crazins55

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi I'm Marisa from California.

I'm a beginner diver and am here to up my diving and underwater photography game. I've been photographing terrestrial species for about ten years and shoot with a Nikon D810. A friend of mine let me borrow his Nauticam housing last year, and now I'm addicted. My goal is to pick up some Nauticam housing of my own (and to learn more tricks and tips about shooting underwater). 

#1878 kat86

kat86

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:A lot of things... being submerged, cats, eternally curious, how to continue to improve my skills :D

Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Hi,
my name is Kate... my happy place is underwater. I live in Sydney, Australia, have been diving for five years. Fortunately, there is a lot of wonderful diving in Sydney however, I do love to travel to the warmer waters above Australia,  Sulawesi and Raja Ampat having been highlights so far.
I have been shooting underwater for about 4 years starting out with a borrowed rig, then buying a second hand Canon G12 in a Patima housing, ( which I still have but don't use because the housing is too heavy for me)  then on to a Nikon D7200 and Nauticam rig.... and thought that I had what I needed... I would love a mirrorless... 

I too have had the misfortune of a failing Sea and Sea Y2D2, out of warranty, of course. :angry2:

I still suffer gear envy/lust and am confident that one day I will win the lottery and be able to do all the travel and photography I want! 
I have 'expensive' friends who continually 'suggest' me other things to add to my set-up, I am currently looking for 20mm and 40mm extension rings with a lock so to tweak my existing rig. 

I enjoy browsing these pages and am so happy to have found the reason as to why I have been unable to post anything!  :clapping:

#1879 alanp

alanp

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

Hi! Alan from Vancouver here... have been diving for a few years, interesting in trying out underwater photography. Looks like a great forum, excited to join!

#1880 jacob.schwarz

jacob.schwarz

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

My name is Jacob Schwarz, i've been shooting underwater for the last 10yrs and currently own a amphibico rouge housing for our DSMC2 Cameras (Monstro & Hellium). Just looking for a good place to learn.