2 replies to this topic

#1 rogeringebo

rogeringebo

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:51 AM

Hi there!
I now use a Sony VX 2000 in a Ampihibico housing and I am very happy with my gear.
I have Amphibicos halogen light system and I usually use 2x 50w.
Now I have been offered to buy a set of Halcyon Apollo Video 13.5ah dual 50watt HID lights with arms at a good price and I am tempted.
I once owned a Halcyon light and it was a piece of s... but I hear that they are much better now.
Do you have any ideas, comments or pointers I would be very greatful!

Cheers
Rodge

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10645 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:30 AM

Rodge
Please use the video forum for video related questions. The still boys are so one shot minded that way. :excl:

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 David Wallace

David Wallace

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:26 AM

Hi there!
I now use a Sony VX 2000 in a Ampihibico housing and I am very happy with my gear.
I have Amphibicos halogen light system and I usually use 2x 50w.
Now I have been offered to buy a set of Halcyon Apollo Video 13.5ah dual 50watt HID lights with arms at a good price and I am tempted.
I once owned a Halcyon light and it was a piece of s... but I hear that they are much better now.
Do you have any ideas, comments or pointers I would be very greatful!

Cheers
Rodge

Halcyon lights are fine, in fact their quality control is now second to none :P
If I were to buy HID then I'd go for the Halcyon Apollo of if I needed even more light then I'd go for the Halcyon HMI200 (soon to be released).

cheers

David