• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Don Silcock

Don Silcock

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:01 AM

in March last year I made the epic journey to the Ogasawara Islands to photograph the northern hemisphere humpback whales that visit the archipelago every winter.

The Ogasawara Islands are one of the most isolated and remote parts of Japan. Getting there requires a 24-hour journey on the Ogasawara Maru ferry from Tokyo - there are no airports... It was a great adventure and my article on the trip has just been published in a six-page article in X-Ray magazine:

Attached Images

• XR90_Ogasawara Islands_Cover_1500.jpg

Don Silcock
Underwater Site: www.indopacificimages.com/
Travel Site: www.nomadicpixel.com/

#2 Nicool

Nicool

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:40 PM

in March last year I made the epic journey to the Ogasawara Islands to photograph the northern hemisphere humpback whales that visit the archipelago every winter.

The Ogasawara Islands are one of the most isolated and remote parts of Japan. Getting there requires a 24-hour journey on the Ogasawara Maru ferry from Tokyo - there are no airports... It was a great adventure and my article on the trip has just been published in a six-page article in X-Ray magazine:

https://indopacificimages.com/diving-the-ogasawara-islands…/

I have been wanting to try diving there for a while, as i was facinated by the remoteness... while it is still Japan :)
Well done on doing it!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ogasawara Islands, japan