• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Jock

Jock

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

Maybe I need a new pair of glasses, but I cannot find any infos about the new vacuum pump on Miso's website; same for the price. 

Could someone help, please?

Jock

---
http://www.dive-images.de/
---

Olympus OM-D EM5, Inon Z240 and Nikonos RS, Ikelite SS200

#22 raphaelgatti

raphaelgatti

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:07 AM

Hi jock,
Just mail him, I did and got his reply in the same day. As the guys said, the costumer service is superb

#23 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2183 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club - English Premier League Champions (again) for 2017-18

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

As I've posted before, I think the Sentinel is terrific.

I do struggle though with the idea of an electric pump. What's the point? It only takes a dozen or so pumps with the hand pump, it's not hard - and why add electric pumps and a battery? Just more potential things to go wrong. Or am I being an old geezer and missing something?

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#24 TomekP

TomekP

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:21 PM

I have few questions.

Is it normal that with hand pump I need maybe 5-6 times to pump the housing? I read in manual that it should be something like 20 times. 

What will happen when the protective cap will got leak or I just forgot to install it ??? Is the red valve/membrane will keep vacuum/water sealing when it will got water pressure from outside?? 

How long this system can operate on one battery ?? I want to estimate how many batteries I need for 1 week trip with 3h diving per day. 

#25 pbalves

pbalves

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

Hi Tomek

Depending if the housing is empty or has the camera inside and also if it has the macro port or the big wideangle dome port attached, it will need different number of pumping to get the green light. It is physics. After getting the green light steady, pump once more (when the internal pressure is too close to the limit to turn orange, it might give you false alarms, as was said before on this or similar topic)

Never go diving without the protective cap. When ever you take out the pump, always put the protective cap before doing anything else to avoid to forget to put it.

Regarding the battery life, if you have one new battery, it should be enough for the full week of diving. But always have with you spare batteries (1 or 2). Sometimes the newbattery is not really new or fully charged or is faulty. And in that case you can save the rest of the dives. When the battery is low power, it might give you false alarms (also als states on some posts on the forum)

BR

Pedro Alves

#26 okuma

okuma

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:47 PM

Miso advised new battery good for 100 hours.

Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 500, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.

#27 TomekP

TomekP

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:56 AM

Thank You Pedro for detailed answer. 

For the first time I did many strokes, and lamp was green/red changing. Then I checked again the system and after that it is just few times needed to get green. so I started to think what I really did ... most probably I fixed the small air leak :) 

This green light is really very healthfull for my mind :)  

I found only one mistake in my configuration. I have housing with two o-rings. So in the case when I pumped the system very well then it is difficult to open it. The vaccum which is created between the o-rings will keep the back door quite strongly :) 

#28 conger

conger

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:42 AM

Being paranoid, I always hold the protective cap in the palm of one hand when I remove the cap for any reason.  It is marginally awkward to pump but it ensures that I replace the cap as soon as I am finished pressurizing the housing.

#29 okuma

okuma

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:50 PM

They can roll away very easy.

Buy a spare!

Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 500, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.