• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fizrinizam

fizrinizam

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:58 AM

I'm about to step up to DSLR system in few months so I sold my 5 year old 6D and already bought the mark II instead since I'm gonna break my bank account for the housings and stuff. The only thing that is teasing me is the -0.2 stops difference compared to previous 6D. Does it really make any differences when shooting underwater? I've already tested, shoots in RAW and overall I can say is fast focus, excellent tracking, pretty accurate custom WB and I'm satisfied enough with the IQ, IF its land based but underwater, didn't find any review yet.

#2 Griff

Griff

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Diving, underwater photography, PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer,

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

I think you will see a difference in IQ and sharpness from the better focusing, WB etc but not in the dynamic range or with ISO at 100 as we use flash underwater anyway to get best results. I think you will be very pleased with the results. I have a original 6D and 7D Mk2 for land based photos and the focusing from the 6D is way behind the 7D. Underwater focusing speed and accuracy is far more important.

#3 fizrinizam

fizrinizam

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:50 AM

I think you will see a difference in IQ and sharpness from the better focusing, WB etc but not in the dynamic range or with ISO at 100 as we use flash underwater anyway to get best results. I think you will be very pleased with the results. I have a original 6D and 7D Mk2 for land based photos and the focusing from the 6D is way behind the 7D. Underwater focusing speed and accuracy is far more important.

ouh yeah..it does make sense since we use strobes most of the time. I rarely used base ISO100 anyway. :aggressive: Allright, thanks for the help mr. Griff!

#4 Griff

Griff

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Diving, underwater photography, PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer,

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

No problem.